25. Cassie

The doorbell was incessantly ringing, causing me an even worse headache, alongside someone knocking loudly. What the fuck? I made my way to the door slowly and opened it, trying not to seem too annoyed. The boy in front of me nearly fell inside and I furrowed my brows in confusion.

“Calum?”

“Cassie!” Him and the three boys behind him shouted, making me flinch.

“What are you guys doing here?” I asked weakly, looking down at the large flannel I had been lounging around him. I was engulfed in a hug and Calum began whispering things into my ear.

“Oh my god, you’re alright. Oh my god, I was so scared. Oh my god,” he finally pulled away, holding me by my shoulders and looked me in the eyes. “Where the fuck have you been?”

I scoffed and pushed him off, moving aside so the boys could come in. They all hugged me tightly, whispering things similar to Cal.

“Right, can you guys tell me what the fuck you’re going on about?” I groaned.

“You weren’t replying to anyone and you missed school!”

“So you just assumed the worst?” I raised my eyebrow, shocked by the four boys before me. I motioned for them to sit on the sofa, where I had previously been sitting watching cartoons all day.

“Well, you texted me at two a.m. last night, Cass. I was just scared,” Calum breathed, running his fingers through his hair. This time I laughed. I should’ve been a bit more sensitive, and nicer because they had been so worried about me but I just started laughing really hard. They shared confused looks and I calmed down.

“Right, okay,” I rolled my eyes. “Do you guys want something to eat?”

“Why are you acting like this?” Calum shouted, standing again and I took a step back. He was scaring me.

“Relax, mate, she’s alright and that’s all that matters.” Ashton pulled him back down and sighed. “Sorry, Cass. I know it’s weird for us to barge in on you.”

“Yeah, I don’t even have pants on,” I rolled my eyes, gesturing to my bare legs.

“Can you just tell us why you didn’t reply?” Luke asked in a small voice. I tilted my head at the blonde boy. "Were you ignoring us?"

“My phone is dead, and I haven’t charged it yet,” I shrugged. “I’ve been here watching cartoons all day. I didn’t do my homework last night and I didn’t get much sleep, so I just stayed home.”

My mom had barged in at around eleven in the morning, wondering why I was still in bed. I told her I didn’t feel well, and she told me she didn’t mind if I just stayed home.

“Oh my god,” Calum repeated for the hundredth time. I narrowed my eyes at him.

“I’ll order Chinese or something?” I suggested, receiving a nod from the boys who were watching me warily, except for Michael, who was really focused on spongebob. I wandered into the kitchen to look through some numbers and ordered the food. I came back out and sighed. “I’m going to get dressed, okay?” I started up the stairs and stopped in front of my room when I heard footsteps behind me. “What is it, Calum?”

“I’m sorry,” he looked at his feet.

“Okay,” I nodded.

“Cassie, don’t be mad at me, please.”

“Calum, I know I’m being selfish, but I don’t like you ditching me because you found a better girl.”

“Cassie, you can’t tell me not to date.”