16. Cassie

Samantha offered to drive me to Parker’s later that night, since Andrea lived nearby and she was headed there anyways. She gave me the whole “you really should learn to drive” talk in the car while we pulled up to his house.

“I know, I know. Thank you so much Sam, I’ll see you later.” I waved lightly at her and walked up to the door. It was late, and I hadn’t been home all day. I texted my parents saying I’d be home later, not specifying when, but just assuring that they wouldn’t call the police or anything. I played video games with Michael for a while, and then we watched a movie with Luke, and Ash and Cal joined us when we went out for dinner to some amazing burger joint. Calum dropped me off at the cafe near my house, where I stayed for a bit and had Samantha come pick me up. She was definitely right, and it would be much easier if I could drive.

I rang the bell, and there was no answer, so I knocked and a girl called out ‘open!’ I opened the door and Parker and a couple of his friends from school were sitting on the couch, surrounded by shot glasses and beer bottles. A girl sat in Parker’s lap, one that I hadn’t seen before.

“Well, look who it fucking is!” He practically shouted. The girl scoffed, glaring at me, and moving aside. He stood up and grabbed me by my wrist, causing me to wince. He pulled me towards the staircase and dragged me up to his room. “Where the fuck have you been?”

“I just had a fight with my parents last night. They took my phone.”

“Then how the fuck did you call Samantha?” He pushed me up against the door, finishing off his beer.

“They just gave it back!” I continued my lie, avoiding eye contact.

“You’re a fucking liar. Who the fuck have you been with?”

“I’ve been alone!”

He grabbed me by my hair and I gasped at the pain as he pulled me towards the bed.

“Are you fucking insane?” I tried pushing him off, resulting in him taking the back of his hand to my face. “Fuck, Parker!” I screamed, starting to cry. He placed the bottle down on the table, slurring his words.

“Shut the fuck up! You don’t fucking love me! You stupid, lying whore!”

“I’m not lying! And what about that girl downstairs?” I started yelling at him back, angry at the throbbing sensation on the right side of my face.

“Don’t you dare fucking yell at me!” He started crying and I stared in disbelief. Why was he crying? “Y-you’re mine, Cassie,” his voice dropped and he was practically whispering. He sat beside me and wiped my tears with his thumbs, kissing my cheeks, my nose, and then my lips. I couldn’t stop crying, and I didn’t want to be kissing him. He pushed me down and climbed on top of me, and I was hit with the familiarity of this scenario.

“No, Parker, no.” I tried pushing him off, only for him to slap me again.

“Shut up!” He shouted again. I turned my head to the side as he began pulling up my sweater. “What the fuck is this?” He ran his fingers roughly over the cuts on my stomach. Fuck.

“What are you talking about?” I sniffed, hoping he was drunk enough to let it go. He stared at me for a while and left my sweater like that.

“You’re disgusting,” he scoffed and I flinched at the word.

I tried pushing him off once more when he pulled down my jeans. “Parker, please, stop. You can’t do this. You said you weren’t like this!” He pressed his lips to mine, completely ignoring me. He placed one hand over my mouth to muffle my screams, and ignored my tears.