10.3

"He's a traitor."

I wasn't really sure what to say as we drove. I wasn't exactly against going to a whole new country, so long as nothing interfered with the baby and I had all of the boys plus Gemma and Elijah with me, but it was happening so quickly. There was no time to wrap my head around what we were doing. I was in shock really.

After about ten minutes of silent driving, Harry spoke up. "Alice? Are you alright?"

"Fine," I breathed.

I was so out of it. I didn't know how to process the fact that we were going to America. I had so many questions that I wanted to ask but my mouth couldn't seem to form them.

"Are you sure?" He sounded worried. "Look, I know this is a lot to take in at the moment, but it's okay, alright? We're all going to be fine and most importantly, together. You need to calm yourself down though, for the baby, okay?"

That snapped me out of my odd trance-like state and my hands immediately ran over my stomach. "The baby," I repeated with a nod. "Right."

"It really is okay, Alice," Harry continued to reassure me as his fingers found mine over the center console. He kept his arm outstretched, our hands entwined against my thigh. "I promise you that we're all going to be fine, and I mean all of us. They're all already at the field. Louis managed to grab you one of your Nutella jars. It's all okay."

I couldn't help but laugh a bit weakly at the fact that Louis had even bothered with my snack. It was actually rather considerate of him. Harry smiled in response to the new, happier sound in the quiet and the tense bubble around us evaporated some.

We settled into a more comfortable silence as we drove back through town. The buildings slowly turned to scattered warehouses and then there was nothing but barren land around us, and just as I was about to ask Harry where the hell we were, I saw it.

There were stretches of fields out here, and though most all of them were empty, there was one that held four cars. I could make out the shapes of people stood around the vehicles, and they become clearer as Harry veered off onto the grass and pulled up beside everyone.

As soon as we had parked the car, my door was being opened, and Louis was standing there, a serious expression on his face for once. "Are you okay?" he questioned. I nodded in response as I clicked off my seat belt and he helped me out of the vehicle. Harry had come around from his side and was now standing near us.

I expected him to ask what exactly had happened, but before he could speak, Zayn piped up with a raised eyebrow. "Harry, where's your shirt?"

Harry glanced down at his bare chest before his gaze met mine and I blushed deeply. Elijah was the next one to start talking as he took a step forward, eyes darting between both Harry and I as a look of horror flitted across his face. "Did you two--"

"No!" I cut him off instantly, my cheeks reddening even more when all of the boys chuckled. "I actually, um, I dropped this chocolate-covered pineapple on Harry's shirt and he just never put it back on after he took it off... not that I mind," I added, glancing at Harry who grinned at my playful comment.

"Oi," Elijah muttered as he rubbed his forehead. "I'm not even going to bother with saying what I think right now. Maybe once we're no longer feeling threatened I'll rant at you two."

"That's probably a good idea, mate," Zayn nodded as he clapped a hand on Elijah's shoulder.

"Where's Ethan at?" Harry changed the subject as he leaned against the side of his car, his eyes flitting between the boys.

"He should be here in less than fifteen minutes," Louis answered, glancing to Liam for confirmation. He nodded.

"Good," Harry said, authority taking over his voice. As far as I knew, there had been no official proclamation that Harry was reinstated as the leader over the boys, but apparently that certain high respect hadn't dissipated with time. "Until then, I want all of you to start clearing out the cars. Get everything out. I don't want anything left behind, so if we're not taking it with us, go to the road and burn it. Understood?"