16

"No... you're so much more than that."

He waited, gauging my reaction to his words, but I couldn't formulate even the proper expression. I just stared blankly at him as if I had totally spaced off into another universe.

"Say something please," he begged quietly.

"I'm not really sorry what to say," I admitted, a nervous laugh escaping my lips. I had never experienced this before. Seth had never spoken a word to me with such intensity, unless he was drunk but those were never particularly passionate or happy moments. But Harry's words held such an immense depth to them. I couldn't really process something quite as deep like he did.

He opened his mouth to speak but was abruptly cut off as Niall appeared behind him. "Oi, Harry--oh. Am I interrupting something?"

Harry said yes at the same time that I replied no. Niall suppressed a smirk. "Well, Haz, we kind of need you in there. Shit's gettin' serious."

Harry let out a breath and nodded. "I'll be there in a second."

Niall hummed his acknowledgement. "It's nice to see you again, Alice. You look... very fashionable for one in the afternoon."

I looked down and blushed at my pink silk pajamas that consisted of small shorts of the material and a somewhat lacy matching tank top. My cheeks turned a mellow shade of pink.

"Don't worry 'bout it love," Niall chuckled. "Harry here likes to walk around in his--"

"Go away, Niall," Harry groaned, obviously not pleased with his friend and fellow gang member. Niall grinned at Harry before mouthing a quick 'I'll tell you later' to me and hurrying back inside Zayn's flat.

As soon as he was gone Harry sighed and looked at me with half a smirk on his face. "We'll talk more about this later, alright? First we need to address what the hell happened at your place."

"Don't you have somewhere to be?" I asked, gesturing towards the interior of the home.

Harry bounced slightly on the balls of his feet. "Yes... but you're more important."

My heart fluttered slightly at his words. He smiled, dimples slicing his cheeks, before entwining his fingers through my own and tugging me into the flat. I noticed that, unlike before, his fingers looped through mine. He didn't hold it carelessly.

I felt slightly nervous as we reached the one room in Zayn's flat that I hadn't seen yet. It was the only room, aside from his bedroom and bathroom, that had an actual door attached to it, and during my short time here before it had been closed and I hadn't bothered to ask about it.

Harry pushed it open and I frowned at the sight in front of me. The room was just big enough to hold the massive table that was an identical twin to Harry's table back home. Only four of the seats were occupied, all at the far end. The three seats at the head of the table were unoccupied, but I sensed that Harry would sit there.

I had come to the realization that Harry was not just part of the gang, but was the leader. It made sense with all the authority he had over the others. I looked down as everyone's heads turned toward us. I felt like an intruder as Harry began to pull me with him down to the three end seats.

"Wait," I whispered. He paused to look back at me. "I don't think I should be here, Harry. This-this--"

"It's fine," he promised me, a small smile on his lips before we continued our path down to the end. Harry pulled out the left seat for me to sit down and I uncomfortably sat down, my eyes trained on the glossy tabletop. He took the other seat next to me, right in the middle.