6.3

"You have nothing to apologize for."

"I give up!"

I couldn't help but laugh at Zayn as he withdrew his hand from my stomach, an annoyed expression etched onto his face as he eyed the round surface. "Oh!" I gasped, grabbing quickly for his fingers again, but the baby's kick had come and gone in the same second. "You missed it, Zayn! I told you to wait!"

For fifteen minutes, we had been sitting here trying to get Zayn to feel the baby kick. As soon as I had let the boys know that Harry and I had felt it, they were all eager to feel it for themselves, and since Zayn happened to be the least busy and apparently on 'Alice Watch' as they were now calling it to, and I'm quoting Louis here, 'keep me from trying to get things on high shelves', he was getting to try and feel the kick. We had been unlucky thus far.

"Dammit!" he grumbled, his attention on my stomach again. He narrowed his gaze at it. "Can't you just kick when my hand is there? Is that too much to ask?"

"I don't think the baby can hear you," I said, giggling as Zayn rolled his eyes and once again withdrew his touch. He flopped back into the couch, easing an arm around my shoulder as he did so. My legs almost instantly stretched across his lap. It was a comforting position, something familiar, since it had become a bit of a habit for Zayn and I to sit like this when we watched television together.

Zayn's focus was now on the fifth Harry Potter movie that had conveniently come on the channels, and he was laughing at something one of the Weasley twins had said onscreen when Harry (not the wizard, unfortunately) walked in.

After having thrown up a second time, and having Harry witness it, I'd shooed him out of the room so that I could wash up. He'd begrudgingly left and when I finally left my room, it was only Zayn present in the house. Apparently the rest of the boys were all out taking care of something--something that I tried to understand, but didn't get anywhere with.

It had been four hours since that point, and in all honesty, it surprised me that he was back so soon. I had expected to spend the entire day with Zayn, considering whenever the boys had something important to do, it was usually an all-day sort of thing.

Harry looked tired. That was the first thing that I noticed. It seemed as if he could do with a good nap right about now. He paused in the center of the room, blocking my view, but thankfully not Zayn's, of the television. His eyes narrowed in on us sitting together and I saw the briefest flash of something across his face before it went emotionless.

"Alice?" Harry's voice was monotonous as he addressed me and I frowned, meeting his gaze. "Would you come with me to the kitchen for a moment? I need to talk to you." He spoke so formally that I almost made a comment on it, but decided otherwise as I lifted myself from the couch. Zayn was so involved in the movie that he barely registered Harry and I leave the room.

"What is it--"

"Were you with anyone while we were apart?" Harry's question cut off mine, and I stared at him, my mouth falling open in shock. His tone was so hostile, his eyes so dark. He looked absolutely livid, and I had no idea why.

"Wait, what?" I spluttered in confusion. "Are you insane, Harry? That's--"

"Just answer the damn question," he snapped. He had begun to move towards me, and out of instinct I'd moved away, only to have my back gently hit the wall a moment later. Harry towered over me, his arms folded over his chest. I was grateful for the barrier.

"No," I spoke confidently. "These past two years the only person that I've been with is you. Why in the hell would you even question that?"

"Well you seem to be getting pretty cozy withZayn," he sneered.