From Nerd to Hottie (17)

As Senior year came to an end there were still more surprises around every corner.

Yearbooks came out one week before we graduated and to mine and Nolen's surprise, we were voted 'Cutest Couple' on the Senior's page. There was a cute picture of me sitting on Nolen's lap with my hands around his neck and both of us smiling at each other.

"Who took that picture?" I asked Nolen, pointing to the picture.

Nolen smiled. "You remember Brea Simms in my photography class?"

I nodded.

"She's also on the yearbook staff and she's the one who took the picture." Nolen smiled and kissed the top of my head. "I asked her to take the picture for me and she did. I was going to give it to you but she never gave it to me and I guess this is where it went."

"Awe." I blushed. "Thanks, babe."

On the night of graduation, everyone was full of tears but also excitement.

Nolen was the valedictorian and so he got to make a huge speech that everyone in our class loved. This year he had really branched out and I was really proud of him. His confidence was boosted all thanks to the summer we spent together. He had also made a lot more friends and a wonderful, committed girlfriend- me- this year.

When everyone received their diplomas, our graduating class was announced, and we threw up our caps, Nolen made his way through the crowd of our old high school class to find me.

"Paige!" He said over the noise of all the people. "Thank you. I couldn't have done all this without you."

"Do what?" I asked, wrapping my arms around him.

Nolen smiled. "I couldn't have gone up there as confident I was and made that speech. I couldn't have made all those friends this year. I couldn't have made it through my senior year without you." He kissed my lips. "You're amazing."

"No, you're amazing." I said with happiness in my eyes. "I'm so happy for you. You have a scholarship to Harvard, two companies are already asking you to work for them, and you look amazing while balancing it all."

Nolen sniffled a little bit. There were tears in his eyes and he seemed a little choked up.

"Why are you sad?" I asked as tears came to my eyes too.

"I'm going to miss you." Nolen hugged me really tight. "You're my best friend and I don't know what I'm going to do at Harvard without you."

I smiled mischievously. "Well..."

Nolen looked at me worried. "Paige, what are you up to? I know that tone of voice. You're plotting something."

"Nolen!" I giggled.

He looked at me with a smile. "Are you going to tell me or keep me waiting forever?!"

I laughed again. "Well... I'm moving to Massachusetts with you. I hope that's alright with you."

"What?!" Nolen screeched. "What are you talking about? I thought you were staying here. I thought... Paige!"

"I'm going to University of Massachusetts in Boston. It's right by Harvard. They're only about 6 miles apart." I replied cheerfully.

Nolen pressed his lips to mine. He kissed my lips, nose, cheeks and forehead. "Why didn't you tell me?!"

"I only just made up my mind a few weeks ago. And I wanted to wait to surprise you tonight." I smiled.

"You made my cry for nothing!" He laughed.

I snuggled my head onto Nolen's chest and he held me in his arms.  "Are you excited?" I asked. "We get to stay together."

"Excited?" Nolen shook his head. "I'm ecstatic. I can't wait."

Nolen and I held hands as we walked out of the gym in which the graduation ceremony was held at. He was coming over to my house with some of his family for a graduation party afterwards.

"Congratulations you guys!" My mom exclaimed along with some of my family members and also Nolen's family members.

"Thanks." Nolen and I said.

Mom pulled me aside from Nolen but Nolen was trying to eavesdrop. "Does he know?" She whispered. "You know, about college."

"Yeah!" I exclaimed and laughed at my mom.

"Isn't that exciting, Nolen?! Aren't you happy?!" Mom walked over to Nolen and hugged him.

Nolen laughed. "Yes, I'm excited! I couldn't be happier!"

I smiled at Nolen. "Me too."