From Nerd to Hottie (11)

It was Friday after school and I realized that I was actually super stoaked for the party tonight. Staie approached me in the hall and asked if I wanted to go to her house before the party to get ready. I of course said yes and she told me that we'd puck up Nolen and Justin later.

Stacie rode in my car to her house and we had a fun time screaming the lyrics to songs on the radio and making faces at people in neighboring cars.

When we got to her house, Stacie warned me that we'd be alone. I was OK with that and we immediately headed up to her room.

Stacie's room was huge. Leading into the room were double doors. In the middle of the room was a tall, fancy, canopy bed with a red bed spread and a mix of red, black, and white pillows. To the right of the bed was a small dark wood dresser and to the right of that was a taller dark wood wardrobe. Next to the wardrobe was a door leading to the bathroom. To the left of the bed was a small glass table with a vase of red roses in it and next to that were two black sitting chairs with a dark wood table between them. On the left of the sitting chairs was a door leading to the closet.

"Paige!" She exclaimed, sitting in one of the black sitting chairs. "You and Justin are just too cute! I always see you guys walking with each other in the halls and it's just adorable!"

I sat in the second black sitting chair and smiled at Stacie. "Thanks." I giggled. "I'm really happy with him." That was the truth. I was happy with Justin. I really liked him. "You and Nolen are adorable too!" That was also the truth. Wheather I liked it or not, they did look pretty cute together.

Stacie sighed. "Really?"

"Yeah!" I exclaimed. "Y'all are super cute!"

She looked away for a moment. "I've been kind of wishy washy about our relationship lately. Nolen seems... distracted... by other girls and, well, I worry that he's going to leave me."

"If he leaves you, it's his loss. Your amazing, Stacie!" I smiled and gave her a hug.

"So, do you want to get ready?" She asked.

I was confused. "It's four o'clock." I said. "Party doesn't start until seven. Why are we going to get ready now?"

"We need to look perfect." Stacie yelled. "Paige, this is going to be the party of the year!"

"So?" I shrugged.

Stacie glared at me. "We need to look amazing!"

"Fine, fine." I giggled. "But I didn't bring any other clothes. I was just planning to go in this."

Stacie laughed at me. "Oh, Paigie." She walked to her closet and opened the door. "I know you'll find something in my closet to wear."

I got up and looked in her huge walk-in closet. "Stacie!" I exclaimed in awe. "You have got to be kidding me!"

"Nope!" She smiled. "This is real."

I laughed. "Wow!"

There were tons of clothes on racks, in drawers, on maequins, everywhere! They were nice looking clothes too. I knew Stacie's family was well of financially but I didn't know they could afford all these clothes for her.

"Take your pick!" Stacie exclaimed. "We'll get our outfits and then figure out our hair and make-up before we have a bite to eat."

"Sounds good." I said in a distracted tone because I was still in awe of the closet. I started walking through, carefully looking at all of the clothes. "This is amazing!" I shouted.

Stacie laughed. "Thank you."

"What do you plan on wearing?" I asked.

She shrugged. "This purple dress..." Stacie pulled out a purple and black zebra print dress that was strappless and short. "... Or this green dress..." She pulled out a one shoulder, even shorter, emerald green dress with black lace trimmings. "What do you think?"

"Um.." I stuttered. "Aren't those a bit... revealing?"

Stacie chuckled. "Paige! We're seniors in high school. This is a high school party! We can wear whatever we want! I want to wear something super sexy!"

I nodded. "Well, then, I like the green one for you. Try it on!"

Stacie turned around and pulled off her jeans and blouse she wore to school and slid into the green dress. It fit her like a glove. She turned around and smiled. "Like it?"

"You look..." I tried looking for the right word but then I just blurted, "Hot!"

She burst into a fit of laughter. "Thank you!" Stacie continued laughing. "Thanks, Paige. Now it's your turn to find a dress!"

I looked through more of the dresses Stacie had in her closet and even Staice herself looked with me.

"Paige!" She screamed at me. "You have to try this one on!" She showed me a deep red strappless dress with little red flowers at the top.

I shook my head. "No, no thank you."

Stacie glared at me. "Paige." She said sternly. "Paige!" Stacie shoved the dress at me. "Paige! You are going to at least try it on!"

I rolled my eyes. "Fine!" I threw off the clothes I wore to school and slipped on the red dress. I turned to Stacie and couldn't get a word in before she freaked out.

"Paige! Ohmigod! You have thee perfect body!" Stacie ranted. "I wish I had a figure like your's! You look so beautiful! Justin is going to freak out because you look so amazing! You're going to knock them dead at the party! People won't even know it's you! You look so sophisticated and mature and wonderful! And-"

"Stacie!" I shouted above her. "OK, thank you!"

Stacie ran towards me and nearly tackled me in a hug. "You look great!"

I laughed. "Thank you!"

After staring at ourselves in the miror and talking about Nolen and Justin for another half hour, Stacie and I ate dinner. We ordered a pizza and ate the whole thing by ourselves.

After eating, we got put the dresses back on and starting figuring out how we're going to do our make-up and hair.

By the time we were completely done, it was seven fifteen. Stacie ran down the stairs in her emerald green dress and black pumps with her hair curled and flipped to the side. I followed her to my car in my red dress and matching red pumps with my hair in beachy waves.

As we got in my car, Nolen started calling Stacie. She put him on speaker phone.

"Where are you, babe?" Nolen asked.

"Now leaving! Driving to your house right now!" Stacie replied.

Justin was in the backgroud. "You have my girlfriend, right?"

"Yes!" Stacie laughed. "And she looks hot!"

Nolen laughed. "Justin's all red now."

I laughed too. "Justin!" I screamed into the phone.

"Paige!" Justin shouted back.

I stopped yelling and said, "We're now leaving! We'll be there in five minutes, so be ready outside."

"Ok, sweetie, see you soon!" Justin said sweetly.

Stacie smiled at me. "So cute!" She muttered. "Nolen!" She yelled into the phone. "I'll see ya!"

"Bye, Stace!" Nolen said and then hung up.

My heart raced as Stacie and I drove to pick up our boyfriends. I don't know why but for some reason, I had a bad feeling about tonight.