From Nerd to Hottie (15)

By the end of the day, I was dying. What Nolen told me was killing me. I had to tell Justin. I couldn't go on with out him knowing.

When I told Justin that Nolen only dated Stacie in the first place to make me jealous, Justin was surprised. "Jerk!" He exclaimed. "It worked. But if he hadn't done it, we wouldn't be together." Justin squeezed my hand in his.

"Yeah." I sighed.

"What's wrong?" Justin asked.

I shrugged. "I used to like him so much and he liked me too. I was heartbroken when he asked out Stacie. And when they dated, it killed me every time I saw them. I just don't know what to do."

"What do you mean you don't know what to do?" He was a little lost.

I was silent for a moment. "Should I be mad at him or be happy that in the process I met you?"

Justin looked hurt. "You don't know if you should be thankful for meeting me, your boyfriend?" He spat at me madly. "Maybe you should just go be with him. You used to like him so much. Who knows, maybe you still like him that much." He started walking away.

I ran after him and grabbed his shoulder. "Are you seriously mad?" I asked. I had no clue why he'd be mad.

"Yes, I'm mad, Paige!" Justin shouted.

"Why?" I was quieter. Tears formed in my eyes and I tried my best to hold them back.

Justin gave me a mean look. "Do you still have feelings for Nolen or do you love me?"

"What? Are you making me choose between you two?" I was mad now. Nolen was my friend before Justin was my boyfriend. After all I had went through with Nolen I would of course choose him over Justin.

He nodded. "Pick now."

"No." I crossed my arms. "A real boyfriend who actually loved me wouldn't make me choose."

Justin was shocked. "Paige... Are you-"

"Yes. I'm breaking up with you. If you won't let me be friends with Nolen who used to like me and I used to like back, then I don't need or want you as a boyfriend." I felt happy that I stood up to him. I wiped my tears away and smiled.

"Baby." Justin tried grabbing my waist.

I slapped his arm. "Don't touch me!"

"Please, Paige. You can be friends with Nolen. Don't break up with me." Justin begged. "I'm sorry, Paige. Please forgive-"

"No." I stopped him. "Good bye, Justin." I waved to him and skipped away.

Justin called my name a few times but I ignored it and went to find Nolen.

He was sitting on a bench reading a book with his head phones in.

I ran behind him and giggled. "Nolen!" I exclaimed.

Nolen pulled his ear phones out and shut his book. "Hey, Paige! What's-"

The next thing I did was completely impulsive. I don't know what had gotten into me. But I pressed my lips to Nolen's. We kissed for a few seconds until I pulled away and laughed.

"I broke up with Justin." I smiled. "He wanted me to choose between you and him. It's a long story but ultimately I choose you, Nolen."

Nolen smiled back at me. "Are you sure? I've been a jerk to you all while Stacie and I dated. And I was a jerk for dating Stacie in the first place."

"I forgive you." I replied and sat on his lap. "We've been through a lot together and I wouldn't want to lose you."

"Awe." Nolen wrapped his arm around my back and kissed my cheek. "Your amazing, Paige. We've put you through so much but you still keep smiling. Your really-"

I kissed him on the mouth again to get him to stop talking. This time it was a longer more passionate, more fiery kiss. There was a little tongue involved too.

As we pulled away from each other, I took a deep breath. "How about we don't talk about that anymore today? Maybe tomorrow?"

"Deal." Nolen nodded.

"Do you want to go out for an early dinner? I'm starving!" I asked as I got up.

Nolen stood up too and agreed. "Yeah, I could really go for some Chinese right now!"

"Same here!" I exclaimed.

Nolen and I went out for dinner and just forgot the world for a bit. Little did we know that there would be a lot of drama the next day.