From Nerd to Hottie (5)

Beep! Beep! Beep!

I slammed my hand down on my alarm clock and rolled out of bed.

It was Monday- the first day of senior year.

I showered quickly, dried my hair, got dressed, ate breakfast, and left my house early to pick up Nolen.

Nolen walked out of his house happily and practically ran to my car. "Hey!" He exclaimed, getting into the passenger seat. "How are you?"

"I'm good, thanks." I replied with a smile. I looked at Nolen from head to foot and my smiled got even bigger. "You look amazing!"

"Thanks." Nolen blushed.

I started driving away and glanced back to Nolen every once in a while. "You got rid of your glasses!" I exclaimed. "You just look awesome!"

"Thanks to you!" Nolen countered. "If you hadn't come along and helped me on the last day of school, none of thi would have happened! So, really, thank you."

I smiled again. "Your most certainly welcome. It's been fun. And your a really sweet guy."

Nolen changed the subject. "Speaking of guys, how was your date?"

"Terrible." I laughed. "I hate that guy! He's a jerk! I should have known it sooner. I'm so sorry I left you like that last night."

He shrugged. "It's OK. I'm sorry to hear that you had a terrible time."

"It's whatever now. Not everything can be perfect." I said.

Nolen and I got to school a few minutes later. We got out of the car together and people immediately started pointing and giving Nolen looks.

"I don't think anybody recognizes you." I giggled as we walked in.

"Are you sure? I haven't changed thatmuch." Nolen replied. "Or have I?"

I looked up at him. "Oh, yeah you have!"

Some random girl pushed her way in between Nolen and I. "Hi!" She exclaimed. "I'm Whitney. Are you new around here?"

"Uh, no." Nolen answered her.

"His name's Nolen." I tried getting between her and him once again but Whitney elbowed me in the stomach. I walked around to the other side of Nolen but there was already another girl there too.

I tugged on Nolen's shirt sleeve. "Nolen!" I called. "Hey!"

There were probably a dozen girls around him by now.

I sighed. I did not know he'd end up this popular and I'd be left in the dust.