Chapter 7

"Did you have fun with Daddy?" I asked Isabelle.

"Yep but I missed you" Isabelle is like mini me. We're a little like Lorelai and Rory from Gilmore Girls. 

During dinner, the kids were telling me all their stories for the week; they were so happy. They told me their dad had his 'friend' over; they weren't so happy. Michael is still seeing the chic he cheated on me with, I still can't believe it.

They're only young so they don't fully understand what's going on but they're adapting to it. My heart aches when they leave me but Michael and I have a good system.

The kids were cleaning up and having their showers while I was sitting on the couch on my phone. I was thinking about Taylor and what happened between us earlier. Lost in the moment, I searched him up on google. Being in a famous band for 20 years makes it easier to find photos of him. He's sooo much hotter in person and up close. 

"Mum, who's that?" Caught red handed by Izzy!! She sat next to me on the couch and rested against my arm.

"He's in a famous band and guess what?" She jumped up onto her knees.

"What!" 

"He came to my school today! He played drums and helped me teach my classes" Her eyes widened when I said he came to the school.

"Oh my gosh mum that's so cool! I wish I got to meet someone famous" It's just a matter of time before you do.

"Here watch this. It's his band" I passed her my phone with a loaded video of Foo Fighters live.

"That's a lot of people! Hahah look at his face mum. He's playing so fast." I couldn't help but smile, I think she likes him...

Alex was all cleaned up and jumped on the couch and watched the video as well. I told him the story about Taylor at school and he was as amazed as Izzy was. They were both jealous that I got to meet someone famous but oh boy I did more than just meet him. His touch still lingering on my body.

The kids and I got snacks and blankets and sat on the couch to watch a movie. We decided to watch the Incredibles. Even though I'm a grown woman, it's a great movie.

It was near the end of the movie and Isabelle was barely awake and Alex was clearly tired as well. If I'm honest I was dozing off too. I felt my phone vibrate and it was an unknown number calling. I left the living room so I could answer.

"Hello, Rose speaking."

"You sound like you just woke up. I'm sorry" Taylor... his voice made me feel so calm.

"Don't be.. I wasn't sleeping, it's fine. So, why'd you call me at this hour?"

"No reason, I just wanted to hear your voice. How are the kids?" I looked around the corner to see they were now asleep.

"They're good. What about your mob?"

"Good, good. Ya know what I can't stop thinking about?"

"What?"

"You. And how it felt to touch you and kiss you." His voice is making me weak at the knees.

"Me too. When can I see you again?" If you don't ask, you'll never know.

"How about hmm we can 'bump' into each other Sunday morning for breakfast?"

"Sounds good but I'll have the kids."

"That's fine, I'll have mine to. I guess we should get back to parenting. I'll text you."

We exchanged goodbyes and eventually hung up. As soon as I hung up I received a text from Taylor.

"I can't wait to see you again."

I left the kids to sleep on the couch because let's face it, they aren't light to carry anymore. Taylor and I texted for another 2 hours until I was noticing my eyes slowly closing and opening again. We said goodnight and I fell asleep happy for the first time in a long time. The events of today running through my head as I was falling into a deep sleep.

I woke up to Isabelle sleeping next to me. She was hugging my arm and was still deep in sleep. I turned to check the time, 7:05am, I could be stuck like this for a while. I picked up my phone off of my bedside table to see 2 texts from Taylor.

T.H
6:38am
Good morning Super Mum. I hope you had a good sleep

T.H
6:42am
Have a good day, don't think about me too much

I decided to text him back.

(R is Rose, T is Taylor)

R: Good morning Super Dad. You wouldn't believe how good my night was. I was texting this guy all night, omg, he's like totally 😍

Texting like a teenage girl with a crush is now my forte apparently. He replied in seconds.

T: She's awake! Omg that's so rad. I was texting this chic all night, she's a total babe

We could do this all day but I'd  rather not.

R: It's so quiet here. The kids are still asleep and I have Izzy hugging my arm.

T: Quiet here to. That's not fair, I want to hug your arm :(

R: I wish you were here...

T: We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl

R: Aren't you funny.

T: I try my best. I can't wait to see you tomorrow

R: Me to. I have to go, the little ones are waking up.

T: Noo Rose please don't leave

R: So I should just forget about my own children for a man I barely know 😂

T: Yes. If it's me then yes. I'll talk to you later have fun Hudson...

R: Till later Hawkins...

they're texting now wow! I'm not feeling confident about this chapter but we'll get to the good stuff again soon, I promise ❤️