Chapter 15

Tonight's the night. I haven't been on a date since Michael and I started seeing each other which would be about 10 years ago. I'm nervous but I'm sure it will be fun. If there's one thing I've learnt about Taylor Hawkins, it's that he's fun to be around.

I decided I was going to tell Alex and Isabelle about the date tonight. I was hesitant to bring it up but I knew they wouldn't freak out. That makes it a little bit easier.

We were just about to leave to go to Michael's place when I called Alex and Isabelle to the living room. They looked confused.

"Are we leaving now?" Izzy asked and sat down next to me.

"Nah not yet Iz. I wanted to ask you both a question and want you to answer honestly okay?"

They both mumbled okay. I took a deep breath. I asked up front how they would feel if I was to go on a date. Alex understood where I was coming from because of our chat the other night so it was more Isabelle's opinion I wanted to hear right now. She shifted a little bit and looked at Alex, searching his face for his answer. If she knew how he felt, I think it would make her more comfortable. Alex  noticed this and faced me. I nodded, letting him know it's okay.

"I think you should go for it Mom." I thanked him and we both looked at Izzy. She still looked a bit unsure so I asked Alex to leave us alone for a minute. He went to his room and it was now just Isabelle and I on the couch. Silence filling the room.

"Isabelle? Tell me what you're thinking."

"What about Dad?" She took a little while before she spoke. I put my hand on hers to offer comfort.

"We don't make each other happy. One day you will understand the reason why but right now that's not important."

"Will he ever come back?"

"No. That's a decision we both made together. All we care about is you and your brother. It wasn't fair on you both when we argue. We want don't want yo upset which is why I asked how you would feel if I went on a date."

"I miss being all together. Sophie's mom doesn't live with her but she has a stepmom. Will that happen to us?" Sophie is one of Isabelle's class friends who's parents got divorced a few years ago.

"Most likely."

"So daddy's girlfriend will be my stepmom and your boyfriend will be my stepdad."

"Possibly. One day. But not right now. Look, Iz. I'm going on a date with Taylor tonight," her bottom jaw dropped. I rushed to tell her because her questions were getting difficult. "Are you okay?"

She nodded and smiled at me. "I like Taylor mom. He's fun" This made me over the moon. Both Alex and Isabelle are happy with Taylor and I. This could work.

* * *

I heard a car engine turn off. Then a car door slam shut. A few seconds later I heard a knock at the door. My stomach did a flip and got filled up by butterflies. I took one quick glance at myself in my bedroom mirror. I was confident he would love the playsuit I was wearing. I was honestly a bit unsure about it at first because it isn't generally something I would wear but I knew Taylor would like it and it makes me feel hot!

I walked over to the front door. Before opening it I took a deep breath to calm down my nerves and excitement. I opened the door and there he was.

Taylor Hawkins.

As beautiful as ever.

His hair was brushed and he looked as though he shaved recently. He was wearing a black jacket, navy blue shirt and black jeans. Casual yet sophisticated and not to mention, smoking hot! He was holding a small bouquet of flowers, colourful ones. He held them out towards me and smiled. The smile gets me every time. When I took the flowers he leaned in and kissed my right cheek. I could feel myself beginning to blush and I got even more nervous.

Taylor's POV

My eyes lit up when she opened the door. She was stunning. I mean I know she's beautiful but I was honestly stunned.

Rose invited me inside so she could get a vase for the flowers and get her bag. We were talking about our first ever concerts while she was filling the vase up with water and I started walking towards her. I went up behind her and moved her straightened hair away from her neck. I placed my hands on her hips and kissed her neck. She let out a gasp when my lips touched her neck. Another gasp escaped when I pressed my hips to her.

"What are you doing Taylor? We have to go to dinner" I kept kissing Rose and whispered 'I know' into her ear and kissed it. After whispering in her ear I felt her press her backside against my bulge. She moaned and I took pride in that.

"We should leave otherwise we'll be late." I chuckled and whispered into her ear again. I heard her groan, indicating she's not pleased by needing to leave. She turned around to face me and I spoke. "We can finish this later, I promise. Don't act like you're the only one disappointed that we're leaving."

"I'm not?" She spoke teasingly.

"Oh cmon Rose, you know what you do to me." She laughed at the fact she can drive me crazy and placed her lips on mine. I kissed her back and we pulled apart. She placed the vase on the bench and put the flowers in it. She grabbed her clutch and we left. The car ride to the restaurant was filled with music and sexual tension.

I parked in the lot near the restaurant so we had to walk a little to get there but it was nice outside. I opened the restaurant door for Rose to walk through. It was beautiful. It was an Italian restaurant and had the decor to prove it. The walls had paintings of Italy and photographs of iconic landmarks of Italy. We were welcomed by a kind teenager who walked us to a table for two. I pulled the chair out for Rose and we both took a seat.

We ordered our dinner and got a side of garlic bread with it. The food was delicious and Rose and I had a chance to get to know each other better. She told me what Isabelle said about us seeing each other and it's good to know it doesn't bother the kids. There wasn't much to tell her about what Shane and Anabelle said about the situation. They said they were okay with it but it wasn't very convincing. I'm sure they will be fine when our relationship gets more serious.

Rose's outfit:

I have a feeling the next chapter will be a good one!! Thank you for continuing to read my story! I hate that I've been uploading so irregularly, I have a lot happening at the moment and over the next few weeks, I hope y'all understand 💓💓