Chapter 8

WARNING: very emotional chapter

Chapter 8: escape
Mist point of view~

               “I pulled out the pink liquid out of my pocket. “Take the whole thing, and I’ll protect you, and lead you out of the house.” I nodded and a agreement. I drank the whole thing. And to honestly say, it wasn’t as good as you think it would be. A few seconds later, my skin started to tingle and the Shane smirked. “Ha-ha that’s so cool.” I looked down and I could still see myself. I gave him a confused look.  And he chuckled again. I can feel you giving me that look. I seriously can’t see you.”

               “Are you sure because I can still see myself,” I said in a cautious manner.

“Of course, now let’s go, we have less than a hour to get out of here.” He headed towards the door. “Stay behind me and keep silent,” he said smoothly.

               He opened the door, and I followed him out into the halls. I saw servants pass by. They were all different creatures. Then I got a strong sensation. It was exciting and I just wanted to go closer to where this sensation was coming from. But I didn’t follow wit. Then suddenly a voice spoke. “Shane, where in the hell is Mist?” Shane froze, And so did I. Chilled went down my spine.

               “I don’t know what you are talking about, Lord Alex,” he said as if it was really true.

               “I need her, Shane, and if I can’t find her soon-,” he said passing back and forth.

               “I’m sure if you notify all the servants they will find her.” Shane smiled at giving smile.

               “I swear if I find out that your helping her escape I will punish you. And not just sending you to the torcher chamber. Oh, I have big plans for you. You will get a huge beating from me. And I will get the silver out too and make you sleep in the coldest room in this house, just enough to make you nearly dead. Do you understand what will happen, Shane?” Alex screamed in his face.

               Shane simply nodded. “Yes, Lord Alex.”

        Alex walked in the opposite direction of us. And Shane continued down the hall way. We got to the stares.  We were so close to the main doors. As we approached the main doors, guards quickly blocked it.

        “What the hell, John!” Shane yelled at the guard on the right.

        “Sorry, Shane, we can’t let you through, Alex’s orders.

        “I need air, please,” Shane begged.

        John looked at the other guard. “I can’t Alex’s orders. He thinks Mist is going to escape. And he is very suspicious.

        “Are you serious, last time I saw her was in her bedroom, no lie. Just do this for me, I swear I’m going to have a panic attack, and very pissed. And I know you know how I am when I get pissed.

        Shane suddenly picked John and the other guard by the throat and pushed them against the wall. “Don’t test me I will fucking kill you.” He treated, and this made sharp, cold shivers go down my spine.

        “Okay, okay,” John said as he coughed. Shane dropped both guards to the ground and the doors opened.

        We walked out of the house calmly. As we stepped into the woods and Shane stared at me. “Shit,” he whispered under his breath. “We need to go fast. Take those pills; we need to get to the wolf pack as soon as we can.”

        I took the pills out of my pocket. “How many do I take?” I asked.

        “Take two,” he quickly said. I chew the tables. Suddenly he grabbed my hand and we started to run. The wind flew through my hair. It was nice. We were running really fast. And I liked it. The trees seemed to be a blur and I couldn’t see anything other than what was in front of me. Shane’s started to run faster, and I sensed something was wrong. “Son of a bitch,” Shane spit.

        I wanted to demand what was going on, but before I could say anything, we both tripped and fell. I let a light scream as something stabbed me on my side. I could smell the rusty smell of blood. Shane scattered towards me with a worried expression. I don’t know what happened. He slowly and carefully picked me up. I winced as he did so.

        “Shit,” he whispered. I whimpered as he stared to run with me in his arms. “Alex found out I have you. The guards told,” he whispered. “We’re almost there.” He said, I didn’t realize that I was crying. I didn’t understand, I was still very confused on what happened. “They are chasing us, and whatever happens, when I say run, you run north, got it?” He said with tears in his eyes. And burning came to me and it was uncomfortable. “Shhush,” he whispered. “Everything will be okay, just a few more minutes and you will be to Justin.”

        Why was he crying? Why was he even helping me? Shane held on to me tighter. “Don’t worry,” he said soothing me. “We’re almost there,” he cooed. The burning became almost unbearable. “You know that burning is?” he asked.

        I shook my head, unable to speak. He had a grin on his face, but only to keep him from breaking down.  “I’m trying to heal you, since you don’t have that kind of power yet, since you haven’t been marked yet.  I know it hurts but it’s worth it at the end.” He looked down at me, he seemed in pain as well.

        “You’re not the person I thought you were.” I choked out. I gave a weak smile. “I thought you were just a monster, but I see, that you’re not. You’re helping me, and this makes you somewhat good, not a monster at least.”

        He had this crazy smile upon his lips. “Thanks, that means a lot.”

        Suddenly, Shane tripped again causing him to drop me. I slid across the forest floor. And a yelp escaped my lips. I slid up against a tree. A few more tears spilled out of my eyes. I saw Shane on the floor groaning. In the distance I saw a few people. They were smiling greedily.

        “Well, well, look at this trader.” Alex spoke.

        A shiver when down my spine like normal, only this one was out of fear.  

        Shane was pulled to his feet by the two guards. Shane spit out a mouth full of blood. I swear I still could smell the rust from it. “Go to hell.” He spat.

        “Oh, it’ll be a long time before I do. But I know for sure you’ll be going next, just like what happened to your sister, and Savanna? The girl who also helped-,” Alex said grinning. “I have so many plans for all of you. And I’m going to enjoy this while I can.

        Alex turned to me. “See what you’re doing?” He chuckled. “All you friends are going to die because they are trying to save your ass.” He chuckled once more.

        He then turned back to Shane, “And as for you, you will be waiting for me to punish you in the cold chamber.” Shane’s face was worried. “And for Mist,” he began, “Will be with you the whole time. While both of you are chinned to a wall. Watch each other get beat.” Alex was filled with pure evil and anger.

        “NO!” Shane shouted with all his strength. “You will not touch her, I won’t allow it.”

        “Oh, well you don’t have a choice in it.” Alex said full of hatred.

        Alex started to walk towards me. “So many plans, with so little time,” He whispered.

        A sudden howl echoed in the distance. I then saw a grayish wolf attack Alex.

        The wolf had him pinned down. Alex switched the positions so quickly, the wolf yelped as Alex started to burn him. A few more wolves joined in attacking. The guards let go of Shane and join in the fight. Shane dropped to the floor, obviously weak and unable to move.
I crawled over to him and sat next to him. Tears are in his eyes. He looked up at me. “You’re so beautiful,” His made tears come to my eyes. For some reason I wasn’t going to like this outcome. “And you’ve been really nice to me ever since we met.” More tears ran down his face. “And I fell in love with you the first time I saw you. I love you Mist.” He choked out. “And-,” he began to sob slightly more. “And when I was doing all those things to you, Alex demanded me to or he would hurt you, and I did as he told me. That’s why I wanted to free you, because no matter what I did for him, it was all to hurt you. And I hated this idea.”

        I was crying, no, not just crying, I was sobbing. A hand landed on my shoulder and I looked up to see Justin. His grey blue eyes met mine. I was still crying. I missed him I immediately hugged him. Then I tuned back to Shane. HE smiled still tears streaming down his face. “Go Mist, I love you.” He said as he put one hand on my face and smiled weakly. “And I know it’s hard, but leave now while you can, “He said before he nodded at Justin. Just picked me up and I fought him. I didn’t want to leave Shane. I knew what was going to happen. He was going to die for me and Alex was going to make sure he was dead. I screamed at Justin to put me down and help Shane, but he didn’t listen. He just ran with me in his arms. I saw Shane crying more than ever and again whisper, ‘I love you, goodbye my Angel’.

        That was before Alex came over to him and started to beat the shit out of him. I screamed for him to stop but Justin pulled me away so I wouldn’t see what happed. Then suddenly I heard a painful scream came out of Shane’s mouth.

        I stopped fighting Justin and cried into his chest... And everyone was dying because of me. I looked up at Justin and he had tears running down his face. He knew that Shane was gone. And I did too.

        Shane was brave, so was everyone that was helping.

        Soon enough we arrived at the pack house. Justin carried me up into a bedroom that looked like maybe his room. He laid me into his bed and I cried into a pillow, while he rubbed my back. I hated myself for being alive. If I wasn’t alive, no one would be hurt.