Ch.1

Ch.1

My alarm clock buzzed and I suddenly slammed my hand on to the 'snooze' button. I lay in bed, rubbing my eyes, trying to wake up. I reach over to my night stand and pick it up; 6:45. I had about 40 minutes until the bus come to the bus stop.

I get out of bed and walk to my bathroom, which was in my bedroom. I start up the shower, strip down my clothes and start washing my body and hair. I winced at a sting thy came from my side and a little coming from my wrist. I felt shame and guit. It's not like I do it for attention. That's why I hide it. I don't want any one to know.

After I get washed, I stand in the hot water thinking. Honestly, I didn't want to go to school. I honestly hated it. I hated it so so much because of the bullying. They always make fun of me because I'm 'emo' and what not. It's almost ridiculous.

It all started in elementary. I was the girl with out a dad. My dad had left my mom with out any saying. People at my school said it was my fault. It was because I was so ugly and so so dumb.

I believed it

Justin was my only friend until second grade. Now he is the star football player, and my bully. He can/gets any girl he could ever ask for. And the day he left he thought I was a freak, and I was ugly and no one likes me. After that he became someone else. He became like everyone else. A bully.

I shut off the shower and dry off with a towel. I go into my closet and pick out a white Bring Me The Horizon Tee-Shirt, a pair of black ripped skinny jeans, bra, underwear, and socks. I put all the clothing on and then slip on a pair of grey converse.

I did my hair. I blow dried and then flat ironed my dark razored hair. I then did my makeup. A smokey eye with thick eyeliner and mascara. When I was done I took a last look in the mirror. I sort of hated my green/grey eyes. I looked....ok. Nothing special.

I then put on my black hoodie and I pulled the sleeves down covering the new cuts and older scars. I picked up my phone and headphones and ran down the stairs into the kitchen.

Kaleb, my four-year-old brother, was watching Teenage Ninja Turtles, while eating fruit loops. I sneak up and give him a big hug and a kiss on the cheek. He smiles.

"Morning Mist," he said with his mouth filled with cereal.

"Morning," I stated back. My mom walked in with her robe,  sipping on what's left of her coffee. She seemed to take off work at the hospital. "Morning," I say to her kindly.

"Morning," she said sleepily. She looked at me. "You better get going, or your going to miss the bus." She turned around and finished making coffee.

I glanced at the time; 7:22. I had eight minutes til I miss the bus. I quickly give Kaleb another kiss and hug and left.

I approached my bus stop and say at the curb. Everything was normal so far. The bus pulled up and I made my way towards my seat. And then I sat down.

But the only thing that wasn't normal was that Christy, Jennifer, or Lilly wasn't on. Usually they would have tripped, punched, kicked, or thrown things at me. Then they would have a conversation about how much I was a cunt, bitch, whore, or a slut. And maybe other things.

I pulled out my phone and headphones and started to listen to music. I played 'Miles Away' by Memphis Mayflower.

The bus arrived at school. Everything was slightly normal. A tease here and there by random people that I didn't know. A could of snickers and laughs.

I went to my locker and messed with the combination until it popped open. Once it opened I pulled out my chemistry text book, my journal, and a sketch book with a few colored pencils. I slammed my locker shut and walked toward my first hour.

Halfway down the hallway I was suddenly tripped. (Visual in slow-mo) my papers and drawings went everywhere. Before I feel on my face I put my hands in front of me. Before I could waste anymore time, I quickly start picking up my papers. And setting them in a pile. There were tons scattered everywhere. As I looked more closely, most of the papers were my journal. Tears wheeled in my eyes. No one could read this.....

"God can't she take a hint?" Laughed Max. I turn toward him and saw his arm wrapped around Mayce's waist, and Lilly was laughing her ass off. And Justin was grinning at me.

I hated them. I nearly growled at them. Then suddenly Justin took that smirk off his face and gave me a sadden look.

I turned away wanting to just stab him many times. The. They walked off, still laughing and commenting other jokes.

Papers where getting torn and crumbled as people walk by. As I reach for the last piece that I saw, another hand picked it up. I looked up and saw someone new. His hoodie was up, he wore a Mitch Lucker shirt, black skinny jean and DC's. Then our eyes met. His eyes were blue. Almost a dark deep sea blue. It was so beautiful. And his hair was blonde and dark brown. It fell into his face almost perfectly.

"Here you go," he said giving me the piece of paper. I took the paper then suddenly look down. I hurry and gather my papers as he stood there waiting. "My name is Shane," he said as I stood up.

"Mist," I say still not looking at him. I the brush past him without another word. I just left without saying thank you or anything. I guess I freaked out a little because no one talks to me.

I walked into chemistry and I sit down in the back. I put in my head phones and start to listen to 'Scarlet' by In This Moment. Everybody was at their seats. Christy and Lilly sat in the seats in front of me. They kept laughing and giggling, talking about Justin's Birthday party..Which I might add that obviously I wasn't invited to.

The bell rang and Mr.Demetry slammed a ruler onto someone's desk. He took attendance and started his lesson. He was reviewing about last years body diagram. I honestly didn't pay attention. I got good grades anyway so it didn't matter.

A piece of paper flew on my desk and I knew it was a note. When I opened it up it read:

Christy- did u see what Mist was wearing today. what a slut.

Justin- uh hu

Christy- she's ugly as fuck.

Justin- god

Christy- I mean like, it's whatever, no know wants her around anyway, right?

Then the other half was torn off. I had a few tears threatened to come out but I refused them to. "Be strong," I thought to my self.

A few moments later I started going through my sketches and journal hoping everything was still there. As I got towards the end I realized one of my papers were missing. They were all dated and organized and I was missing a piece. I started to flip out. No one could read that one page. No one..

My heart stopped, "no, no, no, no," I repeated in my head.

Class was almost over and my heart was beating unbelievably fast. I felt sick to my stomach with a stomach dropping feeling.

Class was dismissed by the bell and I picked up my stuff and went straight to my locker. I didn't see any sigh on the paper. "Maybe someone picked it up" I thought. Then again I thought about how I didn't put my name one it. I relaxed a little. It was still a big deal but hopefully they didn't now who it belonged to. I let out a frustrated sigh.

I messed with my locker combination and two notes fell out. I stood in shock and I pick them up off the ground. I opens the first one and I couldn't believe it.

It was my missing piece of paper. I froze and tears wheals in my eyes. I opened the next note and it read:

"Hai Mist,

I found this when u tripped and fell. I was curious about it and I read it I want to talk about it. Please met me behind the school before u go to lunch and I won't say a word about it. "

And it was left anonymous.

I knew it wasn't Christy or any of the girls. It was a guy. The though rushed in my head. Wonder if it was a trick? I became worried.

I really hope they don't say anything about it. Hopefully they will forget.....