Deep Depression

"Can I see her?" Lisa asks Mrs. Baxter.

"Sure babygirl. She needs all the love she can get right now." Mrs. Baxter explained.

Lisa run up the steps to Alex's room. The room is extremely dark. There was a light coming from her phone, but that's all. Alex have been replaying videos of her and Ryan. Every time one video would end, she would swipe to the next one.

"Best" Lisa said softly.

Alex didn't budge. It was almost like no one was in the room. Lisa climb into bed with Alex and hugged her tight. Alex starts crying uncontrollably.

"I don't understand. This doesn't make any sense. My heart hurts so bad best. I just don't understand." Alex cried out.

"I'm so sorry best. I've been calling you for 2 days now. I know you're hurting, I just don't want you to get sick. Your mom told me you haven't eaten since. Let me take you somewhere." Lisa said.

"Why me?" Alex asked.

"God doesn't make any mistakes Alex. I know you want him back and I know his may be confusing. But God had better plans for him. He's in a great place and you two will one day be together again. Take all the time you need. But I want you to at least get out of this bed. You been here for two days. You have to eat." Lisa explained.

"Not today Lisa. Not today." Alex said sadly.

Lisa rubbed Alex cold black straight hair while Alex weeped quietly. She was so still and motionless. Lisa stood up to leave, before turning away. She swiped to the next video on Alex's phone. She pressed play and a video Alex recorded of Ryan playing the guitar started playing. Alex started to smile while tears fell from her eyes. Lisa left the room

________________________________

Mrs. Baxter knocks on Alex room door. Alex was asleep and her phone was dead. Mrs. Baxter opened the door to see Alex hasn't moved from the same spot since Ryan passed. Mrs. Baxter turn on her room light. Alex wakes up and notice her mom in her room.

"Are you up babygirl?" Mrs. Baxter asked.

"Do you remember when we moved to Georgia?" Alex asked.

"Yes Alex, I do." Mrs Baxter answered.

"Ryan was the very first person to talk to me at school. He was so nice and sweet to me. He always helped up for me. He was my only friend mom. Why would anyone take my only friend?" Alex said while starting to cry.

"Baby, you're going to make yourself sick. I know this is hard for you. I've too felt the pain of losing a close friend. I just don't want you to hurt yourself." Mrs. Baxter explained.

"Were you as close as me and Ryan?" Alex asked with tears in her eyes.

"No baby. We were closer."

Mr Baxter knock on the door while walking in.

"Would my favorite girls like to join me for dinner? I'm cooking." Mr Baxter asked

"Mom just said she don't want me to hurt myself. If I eat your cooking..." Alex jokingly said.

They all let out a laugh of relief. Alex sat up in the bed and gave her mom a hug.

"Thank you mom." Lisa said

"I'm here for you babygirl. We will get through this together. Let's go eat." Mrs. Baxter said.