Dancing Drama

"You should visit. My mom said it's cool." Alex said

"I can't right now. Tournaments coming up. I have to stay focus babe." Ryan replied

Alex sighs "ok. Wyd? I miss u."

"Just getting home. It's boring now that you're gone. Most miserable 5 months of my life." Ryan laughs

"Awe babe. 5 more months and I'm coming to you. I don't care what my parents say." Alex expressed.

Alex door swings open.

"Let's go. We late bruh!" Lisa said

"Ugh babe I'll call u tomorrow. Me and Lisa going to the dance at school. Love you." Alex said.

"Love u too!" Ryan said

Alex hang up her phone and lay back on the bed with her hands on her head.

"Do we have to go? I have nothing to wear!" Alex said

"Wench, I'll help you find some. Get up." Lisa demanded.

"Ughhhh why must u keep dragging me to these bunk ass dances. It's not my style. Can we just go hoop or something? Alex said

"HOOP? The dance in the gym. You can hoop after. Get up"

"Stop acting like u don't want hoop. You fell into a dress and now u think u a girl" Alex said

Lisa throw a pillow at Alex.

"Shut up lol. I'm still a tomboy at heart but I'm growing out of it. I couldn't get a boy to notice me. Who wants a girl that's dressed like him all the time?" Lisa said in a sad voice.

"So u changed your style for a boy?" Alex said with a straight face.

"No, well... Not really. I just want to sometimes feel... Appealing. Cute."

"You mean sexy?" Alex interrupted her and said

"Yes!" Lisa agreed

"I'll stick to tomboy" Alex said

"Why? Break out of it. Just for tonight? Let's walk in fly as shit." Lisa said

Alex goes in her walk in closet and pull out an NY baseball jersey. Stone wash Bermuda shorts. Blue and white baseball socks with all white Jordan 1's! She lay everything on the bed.

"This what I'm wearing or I'm not going." Alex said with a straight face.

"Well let me curl your hair and do your makeup." Lisa said

Alex stares at Lisa in deep thought. Lisa stares back with a huge smile.

"Hurry up!" Alex demanded

Lisa jumps up in excitement
__________________________

The Dj playing the latest music. The crowd is thick with teenagers. Girls dancing on boys. Boys dancing with their squad. The teachers just staring looking amazed at the number of students that came out. Lisa has her arm around Alex shoulder as they walk in the dance.

"Loosen up friend. U all stiff." Lisa says while shaking Alex shoulder with her arm

"I'm uncomfortable. I feel like a DiDi Gregorius in drag." Alex said

"Jtfo, girl you look like a beautiful tomboy." Stop it." Lisa said

They walk up to a crowd of dancers and watch them cut up. The girls are dancing better than the boys. A girl gets into an altercation with her boyfriend for dancing with another girl. A fight break out.

"Who's that fighting" Alex asked

"That's Tory fighting over Johnathon. She thinks everybody want him. He doesn't tell her anything. He just lets her beat up girls and make a fool out of herself." Lisa said while shaking her head

"Well what he's suppose to say? Aye don't fight my side chicks? Lol" Alex said

"That's the thing. He don't necessarily have to be involved with them. A chick can just speak to him and she flashes out. She picks on the weak and I feel like he can control it and protect them. But he don't. He's a jerk and she's an ass." Lisa said while watching the teachers break up the fight.

"Well maybe they shouldn't talk to him if they know her ass crazy lmao." Alex said

"Or maybe they should grow some balls and whip her ass. Lol" Lisa said

The Dj stops the music. The lights turn on. The principal gets a hold of the mic

"This dance is over. We will not tolerate violence at any of our school events. Anyone that was involved in the altercation will be immediately suspended for 10 days. Please safely exit the building and we'll see you guys Monday. Thank you." The principal announced.

The students let out a sigh of disappointment. Everyone exited the building. A lot of the students have to wait for their parents so the crowd is huge outside. The principal is walking around with a blow horn looking for anything to complain about. Lisa walks over to a crowd of boys to speak.

"I saw y'all tearing it down. What happened with the fight" Lisa asked the group.

"Mayne Tory bruh. She came out of nowhere, pushed Johnathon and started swinging on Brandy. Shit wild Mayne!" One of the football players said.

"She always starting some shit." Johnathon need to drop her ass." Lisa said

"Hell nawl, he love her too much. He just let errthang fly. We been trying to throw him on something. He don't play with Tory crazy ahh." The football player said.

Lisa signaled Alex to come over. She walks up to the crowd.

"This the new girl huh Lisa? Didn't recognize her with the paint on." The football player said. The rest of the crowd started laughing. Alex looks at Lisa and storms off. Lisa look at the football player as he laughed with his crew. She punches him on the shoulder.

"You fucking jerk!" Lisa said as she runs off behind Alex.

Alex ran back in the building to the bathroom. She goes straight to the sink and washes the makeup off her face. Lisa runs in behind her. She's watching over her shoulder while her face is in the bowl. She grabs paper towels to hand them to her. Alex opens her eyes and sees Lisa in the mirror behind her. Lisa hands her the paper towel.

"Still pretty friend" Lisa says with a smile.

Alex lets off a smirk in relief. The bathroom door swings open. It's Tory and her friends. Tory was 5'5, very high yellow. Slim with weave down her back. Her makeup was flawless. She wore a crop top, denim shorts and gladiator sandals. Her friends were just as pretty with similar clothing. You can tell Tory was the head of the clique. The group just stared at one another for 5 seconds. Tory look at Alex jersey and noticed makeup stains. She laughs and walk towards the stall. Lisa and Alex exit the bathroom.