The Lion King

"You know being suspended never been this fun. I feel like we're suppose to be punished lol." Lisa says to Alex

"After I told my parents about the entire incident. They knew we weren't the trouble makers. I even told them about your situation. If u don't mind." Alex said

Lisa put her head down.

"Lis.. I'm sorry. I didn't want them to be in the blin..."

"Nah it's cool friend. It's just embarrassing you know? I go to school everyday with this big smile on my face like I'm happy. When I'm not. I just want my family back." Lisa said in a depressing tone.

"I understand. Let's not talk about that though. Let's just think happy thoughts." Alex said while getting up and spinning in a circle like a ballerina. With a huge smile on her face.

Lisa watches her and laugh.

"Oh so you a ballerina now? Lol." Lisa said while laughing

Alex stops dancing and go to her night stand. She pulls out a picture from the very back of her drawer. She throws it towards Lisa.

"Dancing was my first love. Before basketball, baseball, before any sport. Dancing was IT for me." Alex said

Lisa staring at the picture of Alex as a little girl in her ballerina clothes. She noticed the passion in her eyes. The confidence in her posture. The happiness in her smile.

"Why u stopped dancing?" Lisa asked

"My dad wanted me to play ball. My mom didn't care for dancing. I was the only one in the family that knew how to dance. She said that talent flew out of the sky lol. So I did what they wanted me to do. I balled." Alex said

"Ever thought about dancing again?" Lisa asked

"Nah, I lost the talent. Besides, I grew love for balling. Lol." Alex answered

"Judging from your 360 graceful twirl u just did. You still got it lol." Lisa said.

Alex dad knocks on the door.

"Alex, you girls want to run to the store with me & your mom?"

Alex looks at Lisa. Lisa shrugs her shoulders.

"Sure pops. We'll be right down.
_________________________

"The first thing y'all grab is junk. You girls better be careful with what you eat. That food will ruin those fit frames you both have." Mrs. Baxter said

"Mom, we both highly active. As much sports we play, we won't be a pound overweight lol."Alex said.

With a mouth full of chips. "Yea Mrs. Baxter. Not even a pound." Lisa said

Mrs. Baxter slowly grab the chips out of Lisa hand and put them back on the shelf.

"You haven't even eaten dinner yet child lol. Let's go." Mrs. Baxter said.

Alex, Lisa, and Alex's parents are standing in line to check out. Johnathon and his mom is in line behind them. Lisa and Alex turn to unload the cart and sees him. Johnathon never notice the girls until Lisa said..

"What you buying John? Some Lying King fruit snacks?" Lisa said in an aggressive tone.

"No friend, he probably buying maxi pads with his pussy ass." Alex said after Lisa.

"Uh, excuse me? You kids have a problem with my son?" Johnathon mom said.

"Yes Ms. Robinson, WE DO. He lied on us & got us suspended from school trying to protect his raggedy girlfriend." Lisa said

Johnathon staring at both the girls with the meanest look possible. It's almost as if he had steam coming from his ears. He answered his mom

"I don't know what they talking about." Johnathon replied.

"Oh so u lie to your mom too. Who would of thought." Lisa said in a sarcastic tone.

Alex parents noticed the girls weren't loading the belt with groceries. They walked up to Johnathon's mom

"Is something wrong?" Mr. Baxter asked Johnathon's mom.

"Yes, your kids approached my son in a rude manner. Accusing him of getting them suspended." Johnathon mom said

Mrs. Baxter look at Johnathon and remembers him from the hallways when the girls were arrested.

"Is your son name Johnathon?" Mrs. Baxter asked.

"Yes mom that's him." Alex answered before his mom could.

"Well to my knowledge he told the principal my girls assaulted his girlfriend at a school dance. They were in fact suspended."

"Man I never said that." Johnathon whispered underneath his breathe while looking away.

"What?" Johnathon mom said in rage.

"Speak up boy. I told you about letting that lil girl drag you in on her dirty work. Did you or did you not lie on these children?" Johnathon mom asked.

Johnathon mom gives him the death stare. She was so tiny compared to Johnathon 6'4 frame. She nudges him in the shoulder

"I'm talking to you!" Johnathon mom said

"No, I didn't say that ma!" Johnathon said in an aggravated tone.

The girls start to chatter about how he's lying. The dad stands in dead silence. The two moms are staring Johnathon down like a hawk.

"How about we talk about all this over dinner." The dad burst to break the silence.

"Yes honey that's a great idea. You guys are welcomed to come over tonight for dinner so we can get to the bottom of this matter." Mrs. Baxter said.

"I'll.. No we'll be happy to." Ms. Robinson said.

The two moms exchange numbers. The dad smiles in relief. The kids are pissed.

___________________________

Mrs. Baxter is loading the dinner table. Mr. Baxter waits in the living room while reading his New York Times. The girls are talking amongst each other on the stairwell.

"I'm so mad at my dad for inviting they no good ass over for dinner." Alex said

"His mom didn't believe him at all. You saw the way she shoved him?" Lisa said while laughing.

"Yea whatever, I think she was just putting on a front. I don't trust them.

*doorbell rings*

"Il get it. Can y'all come be seated please. Hurry hurry." Mrs. Baxter said.

The kids and the dad take their seats at the dinner table. Alex and Lisa argue about who's going to sit next to the empty seat.

"Helloooo, thank you for having us. I made some red velvet cake for dessert, if you don't mind." Ms. Robinson said.

"Of course not. I appreciate that. You guys come right in." Mrs. Baxter said.

Ms. Robinson hands Mrs. Baxter the cake. She signals Johnathon to walk inside and speak to Mrs. Baxter. The girls and Mr. Baxter waits at the dinner table. Mrs. Baxter walks in showing them to their seats. The girls immediately throw on their fake smiles. In walks in Ms. Robinson, Johnathon, and Tory....