I dont wanna go!

"Alex? Alex?..... ALEX!?" Yelled the teacher.

"Yes?" Alex answered after daydreaming in class.

"Would you like to present your final project to the rest of the class?" The teacher asked.

"No Ms. Porter. I would rather not." Alex said.
"Awe. Alex today's your last day. You don't want to connect with your classmates one last time?" The teacher asked

Looking pressured and uncomfortable. Alex grabbed her notes and proceeded to the front of the class. All the students stared at her awkwardly. The bell rings. Alex let out a sudden sigh of relief.

"Students please come to the front of the class and give Alex a hug and wish her well on her new move." Ms. Porter demanded

Alex looks at teacher with a mad face. The teacher just smiles uncontrollably. The students all rush Alex and gave her a big hug and congratulated her on her move. Alex remained in class after the students cleared.

"Alex, you know you have to open up a little more at your new school. Stop being so standoffish. It's okay to have friends. Smile darling. You're beautiful." Ms. Porter said

Alex looking down at her hands. She smirked when Ms. Porter said she was beautiful. She doesn't hear that often. Ms. Porter laid her hand on her shoulder.

"Promise me Alex."

Looking up smiling. "I promise!" Alex agreed.
______________________________________

"Hey Lexi, how was your last day?" Alex mom asked.

"Just like any other day mom. Agonizing & anti social." Alex said in a displeasing voice.

"Awe baby don't be like that. Hopefully you'll have more fun at your new school in Arlington." Alex mom said

"Mom.. Why Iowa? All the places we could of moved and y'all decide to move to Iowa. I like Georgia. Can I just stay here with grandma?" Alex argued

"No you cannot stay with your grandma. Don't ask anymore. Me and your dad is originally from Iowa. It's home for us. We feel Atlanta is too fast paced for you. Besides, your father just made partner at his old company. We will live a better life in Iowa. Trust me." Alex mom replied

Alex looking out the window trying to imagine life in a small town. She's afraid of change. Her family moved to Columbus, Georgia 7 years ago. She was just starting to feel comfortable. Having hard time making friends. She was very close to her neighbors. One of the main reasons she didn't want to move.

Pulling up to their home. She sees her dad and his co workers loading the truck. Her dad waves at her.

"Daddy, do you need any help? I can call Ryan from next door."

"No no dear. We got it covered actually. But Ryan is inside waiting for u." Alex dad said.

A huge smile lights her face. She grabs her book sack and move swiftly into the house.

"Ryan... Ryan...." Alex yells while walking through the empty house.

Ryan taps Alex on her shoulder, startling her.

"Hey," Ryan whispers.

"You scared me." Alex said while laughing.

They stare at each other face to face for a moment.

"So this is it huh? You ready for the big move? Ryan ask Alex.

"No. I want to stay here with you. I asked my parents a thousand times to let me stay with my grandmother. They so stupid. I just want to runa...

Ryan covers Alex mouth with his hands and shushes her.

"Don't say that.. After graduation just come to college here and we can be together again. It's only a year. I'll be waiting for u Lex." Ryan whispers

"Ok" Alex says in relief.

Alex mom walks in.

"Hey Ryan. Can u give us a helping hand out here?

"Sure Ms. Baxter." Ryan says.

Alex with her head down. Ryan walk pass Ms. Baxter. She walks up to Alex. Rest her forehead on hers.

"I promise sweetie. It's going to be ok. I know you're going to miss him. You will meet new friends in Arlington." Ms. Baxter explained

"I don't want new friends! I want Ryan!" Alex yells.
She runs up the steps to her once well decorated room. Her mirror still hanging on her wall. She stares at herself. Removing her scrunchy from her ponytail. Her cold black hair falls pass her shoulders.

Alex was tomboyish. Stood 5'2 with cold black, natural, straight hair. Her deep cocoa skin was clear & smooth. Her frame was flawless but often hidden due to her baggy style. She never wore makeup or girly clothes. Always kept her hair straighten and flowing. She didn't care about being appealing to high school boys but tried to keep up with girly hairstyles. She felt straight black was safe and always in style. Even in gym shorts and a white tank. Her hair was flawless.

She continues to stare at herself. Ryan walks in.

"Hey gorgeous, your dad is ready." He says

"Come here." Alex says with her arm reached out to him.

Ryan walks slowly to her. She grabs his hands and places his arms around her neck as he stood behind her. She looks in the mirror at him and ask..

"Promise me you'll wait for me."

Ryan grips her shoulders tighter, move in closer behind her, stares at her eyes through the mirror and says

"I promise"