When Trouble Calls [S2:E6]

| March 2 | Friday Evening |

~ Sam's POV ~

Weeks had passed and neither me nor Megan had run into Nikki again. It seemed like a small miracle, and maybe I was being too optimistic, but it seemed as if she was successfully keeping her distance the way we had expressed.

Maybe she wouldn't be a problem anymore, but I was still cautious.

"Yeah, just one order of nachos and two bottles of water," I told the concession worker.

I looked back to see Megan, Tony and Blair sitting in the bleachers talking away. The Mizzou softball team was having a tournament this weekend, and since it was slowly reaching warmer temperatures, we agreed it was time to get outside.

"That'll be eight dollars," the worker said, sliding me my order.

I paid and quickly made my way back towards my friends, careful not to drop the liquid cheese all over.

"Did I miss anything?" I wondered.

"No," Megan replied. "Our pitcher got us the third out, and now we're up to bat."

It was a close game. At the moment, we were ahead 3-to-2 but it was only the bottom of the fourth. We still had three more innings after we finished out the fourth.

"I miss playing," I expressed.

"We can join the co-ed team this summer," Blair said. "I mean, I'm shit at softball but, I heard it's a lot of fun."

"Do you even have a glove?" I asked Blair.

She tilted her head. "Well, no, but I can buy one."

I looked at Tony. "Does this sound like a good idea to you?"

"Maybe not for Blair's safety..." He laughed while kissing her on the head. "But it sure sounds fun to me!"

"I think we should do it," Megan agreed. "It'll be a lot of fun."

"You and I will have to compete for centerfield," I teased.

She smirked. "I like a little competition."

We continued watching the game that continued to stay neck and neck the entire time. Both pitchers were doing an amazing job, which made scoring near impossible.

That's when Blair touched my leg, grabbing my attention.

"Emma's here," she whispered.

"Where?"

"Three o' clock."

"What?"

"Three o' clock."

"It's six-thirty-"

"To your right, you dork!" she hissed.

I rolled my eyes and looked for Emma, and Blair was right, she was certainly here. She was here with a few girls I didn't recognize, but one of them was another Baldwin High ex-softball player.

"She's here with another softball player we graduated with," I told Blair.

"I know, I recognize her."

Now that Emma knew some of the truth, I hoped if her friend recognized me and Megan, which she would if she noticed us, Emma would have my back. She seemed to be an ally since I shed light on me and Megan's relationship, but one could only assume the worst.