For Fifty Bucks and a Latte[S1:E7]

| October 6 | Very Early Friday Morning |

I groaned as I pulled myself out of my car and trudged towards the front door of my apartment. The stickiness of spilled alcohol made my shirt cling to me. My feet ached and my head throbbed. Tonight had been a long one.

Our second ladies night had been a success but I was beyond exhausted and ready to call it a night. And luckily for me, I was off this weekend since Danna believed Jas could hold her own. Hopefully I wouldn't be called unless there was an emergency.

I shoved my key into the door and let myself in but the sight of Megan at the counter shocked me awake.

"Jesus what are you still doing up?!" I whispered as I clutched my chest.

"Dying," she deadpanned before sipping her energy drink.

I set my keys down. "Homework?"

"Finishing up my presentation."

I cringed for her.

"And I have a midterm paper due tomorrow that I've barely started."

"Bad week?"

"It's like all my professors got together and agreed to make my life hell." She rubbed her temples. "How was work?"

"Work was work." I stepped closer to her. "Is there anything I can do to help?"

"Unless you know a lot about the roles of women during World War One and how it shaped societal roles of today... I don't think so."

I sat in the chair next to her. "Okay you're gonna have to dumb it down a bit for me."

Finally, she laughed. "Go shower. I'm almost done."

"But what about your paper?" I asked.

"It's not due until midnight Friday," she confessed.

"Technically it's already Friday."

She shoved me. "Go shower."

I groaned. "You're always so grumpy when you're tired."

I made my way to the bathroom and stripped out of my work clothes. Maybe I could help Megan with her paper. Do a little research... Oh who was I kidding? I could barely get out of high school much less help with a graduate level research paper.

I showered and dressed for bed, exiting the bathroom only to see Megan curled up waiting for me. I joined her under the sheets.

"Finished the presentation?" I wondered.

"Yep." She sighed. "And I'm exhausted."

"You're not all jacked up from that Redbull?" I joked.

"My brain literally hurts."

I let my hands roam under the covers. "I can take your mind off of it."

When my hands touched her stomach she inched closer, but I could tell it wasn't going to happen.

"Sam..."

"I know," I said through the dark. "You're tired."

"It's not that I don't want you."

I moved closer. "Oh trust me, I know."

She released a giggle.

My hands glided over her hips. "But I'm also off till Tuesday..."

"Maybe we'll get lucky and it'll rain all weekend," she whispered.

"That sounds fantastic."

"Does it?" she teased.