3

Monday

The weekend was finally over for Paige. Nothing really happened the next day after the party. Paige just sat home all day, watched Netflix, eat, and played with her puppy all day long.

She didn't have nothing to do the next day but think about everything that happened.

To Paige surprise, she didn't get not one single call or text from Shay. She wondered how her best friend was doing.

Today she was gonna see Shay for the first time since the party. She was still mad at Shay for what happened but she still decided to talk to her today.

Third period was ending and it was now time to head to her lunch period. Both Paige and Shay had lunch together so she hoped she saw Shay at lunch today.

Once Paige went inside the huge lunchroom, she saw Shay sitting by herself with her head down looking down at her phone.

Paige furrowed her brows wondering why she didn't text or call her yet.

Paige quickly walked up the lunch table and sat down in front of Shay. Shay quickly looked up with a plain and nonchalant look on her face.

It looked like Shay didn't want to be bothered by Paige or anyone else.

For a few seconds it was an awkward silence between the two of them until Paige finally broke it.

"Um... hey. Are you okay? We didn't keep in touch since the party Saturday. What's wrong?."

Shay sighed and shook her head.

Shay wasn't mad at Paige. She honestly felt really guilty about what she did at the party. She felt that Paige was still mad at her and didn't want to talk to her ever again. She thought she lost her best friend.

Shay finally spoke.

"Pay, I'm so sorry about what happened Saturday night. I was completely losing it. I didn't take you or me into consideration.... I'm sorry how I acted towards you while I was drunk."

Paige sighed forgiving Shay.

"It's okay. It wasnt your fault at all. We just learned our lesson the hard way."

Shay smiled, happy that Paige wasn't mad at her no more.

"Yea I guess. But anyway, what happened when you went home last night? I hardly remember anything bro."

Paige laughed.

"My mother got in my ass a little. Andre actually drove us home tho. He dropped you off first then he dropped me off after."

Shay mouth spread open.

"I remember when he was getting me off the couch but I don't remember what happened after that. I didn't know that nigga drove us home."

Paige laughed.

"That's because you was completely twisted. I told you that Hennessy is no joke. You was knocked out the whole car ride."

Shay laughed at herself. She knew she could never let herself get like that again.

"Wow..... Well fuck me, what was you and Andre talking about tho?." Shay asked with a smirk while giving Paige that side eye.

Paige frowned wondering why she was looking at her like that.

"What? What you mean? We was pretty much quiet throughout the whole ride."