7

Monday

PAIGE

As I was getting all my books out my locker, I felt like somebody was standing behind me. I was right once I turned around seen it was Damion. I frowned, wondering why he was in my face. He never talked to me or either approached me, I was wondering what he had to say to me.

"Yes? May I help you?." He laughed looking me up and down.

"Where Shay at?" Damion said immediately. I sighed. "She ain't come to school today. I tried calling and texting her today but she wouldn't pick up."

Damion frowned. "Word?" Imma try calling her again, she might pick up if I call her. Don't nobody wanna be talking to your wack corny ass all day." Damion said laughing. I was immediately embarrassed once a few other students in the hallway heard what he said and started laughing.

Whenever Shay wasn't in school with me, it was like the kids here at Richmond always picked at me. I was nervous to even be at school when Shay wasn't around but I needed my grades.

"Can you just leave me alone?." I said as low as possible. Damion laughed. "Ain't nobody bothering your dumb ass, you can't get mad cuz a nigga stating the truth."

My day felt like it was gonna get much more worse once I seen Star (the lightskin one) walking up to us.

"Bruh leave her alone. You know all she gonna do is cry and go tell Shay, as if we scared of her." Damion and Star was both laughing. I noticed Star had her arm around Damion neck and I frowned a little bit. I had a feeling Damion and Star was probably fucking with each other cuz every time I saw them together they would always do sneaky shit and be all up on each other. I never paid it no mind, but I knew i had to tell my best friend about this though, I couldn't just leave Shay clueless and walking around Richmond looking dumb.

It was many times I tried to warn Shay about Damion but it was like she never listened to nobody. Damion was the biggest hoe in this school. He was never to be trusted, no matter how much he tried to sweet talk all the girls here in Richmond High.

Once they both left, I closed my locker and started walking to my English class. Thankfully, this was my last class and then I could go home and relax. I never had a life so all I did was go home and sleep or either hang with Shay sometimes after school.

After I told her about the whole encounter me and Andre had in the car when he dropped me off home the night it was raining, it was like Shay didn't want to talk to me after that. When I was telling her, she had the most discomfort and unsettling face. The conversation was very weird. I knew she was probably mad or jealous that Andre complimented me but I didn't want to think about it that way.

I just hope she wasn't all the way mad at me, I mean.... Andre was the one who called me cute. Even when i was calling and texting her all day last night and this morning, I knew she was ignoring them so I just decided to give her some time and space. I knew that was a reason why she didn't come to school today.

I didn't want Andre ruining me and Shay strong friendship so I knew I had to keep my distance from him all the way.

*******

(3 hours later)

Shay phone was still going to voicemail and at this point I was starting to get mad and worried. It was no way Shay could be mad at me for this long. Something was telling me to just go over to her house but I ain't wanna show up and see her face to face knowing she was probably still mad at me.