Barmember

Barmember - Chan POV

It's late. That's about all I know.

The music has died down and the crowd is slowly vanishing back to where they came from. The band is cleaning up the karaoke equipment, making sure the plugs are wind up properly before they shove it back behind the speakers.

Empty glasses remain in front of us to give the employee a track of our tab. Most people would complain about the mess, but I don't mind. In fact, I'm the one that suggested he keep them there so he remembers the amount of alcohol that is induced in our system. I'm pretty sure I said that when I was more sober. Besides, I found it funny when Monica showed me her impression of a bug using two of our empty shot glasses.

Drink after drink, the world around us starts to fade. I don't know if it is because I am slowly falling into a drunken subconscious, or the night is getting later and everyone has to tend to their other lives. Honestly, I don't care which way the story goes, I'm just glad to be here in the moment.

This is the most fun I've had in ages; that much, I'm aware of. I don't know what it is, she just brings it out of me. I feel comfortable enough to express my true self around her knowing that nothing will happen. She isn't like other girls I've had a drink with; she plays it cool, not flirty. I can honestly say I could see a future with a girl like her. If I ever had a chance to be with one, I don't think I'd let her go.

She doesn't lather on makeup to cover up her freckles, or pay hundreds of dollars on a teeth whitener. What you see is what you get. I like that. It doesn't give off any false hope of what the future holds.

"Barmember! Woohoo!" I wave my hand frantically trying to get the attention of the man down the service counter. He looks sad to see me still here. "Oh, money, let's give him some money." Monica digs out her purse but I will not see fit "No, Geller." I stop her, placing my hand over my heart "I'm the man, I'll provide for my woman." I state, modesty.

"You're so pretty." She marvels "Do I have anything in my teeth?" She smiles and I feel honored to check for her. "Oh, here he comes!" The bartender straightens from his stance talking to a young fellow at the other end and begins his way towards us.

"You're clean. Just something right up front." Which is weird, because we haven't ate anything all night. Has that been there all night? I run my finger over my front tooth to teach her how to wipe it off.

He takes the dusting rag from his shoulder and wipes between his fingers as he stops in front of us.

I slip him the $1 as smoothly as I can "We'd like two more Sangria's." I order

"I think you've had enough." He makes no move to prepare the drink.

My face drops and I quickly take back my money. "You know what..." I feel a little hurt my friend would dehydrate me in such a way. "I think you're right." I don't want to start anything. I don't want to start a fight; mainly because there will be no witnesses for him.

"Look man,"He motions to the door "I called you guys a cab. Get home safely, okay?"

I look over at the waiting car and sigh sadly before turning back to my friend. "Thank you, that's so nice." I don't know what is happening, but I feel like I need to cry. "Keep the change." I slip my dollar into his jean pocket. I go to stand up, balancing myself on the stool when I suddenly remember I'm missing my pants. "Ah, oh." I search all around the area I was sitting and then over by the pool tables. "I can't find my pants." I announce, hoping somebody will help me.

Monica gasps, also standing up from her warmed seat "Where did you last see them?" She asks, concern written all over her face.

"Umm..." I try to think "I had them in the bath-" I feel for my belt. "Oh, my, gosh!" I exclaim, realizing I had them on this entire time.

Monica and I laugh hysterically as we grab the rest of our things and head for the door. "Thank you Mr. Bar!" She waves goodbye to her crush and we stumble our way into the taxi.

Sliding all the way over so Monica can climb in, I grab the seat belt and wrap it around our bodies. "Do you feel safe?" I ask

Blowing the hair out of her face, Monica nods and scoots closer.

"Where to?"

Before I can request any sort of destination, Monica looks over at me with an excited gasp "You know what would be crazy?"