Chapter 11

Chapter 11-

"Wake up." Dimitri growled at me. I woke up bleary eyed and sat up immediatley. It was pitch black in his room. Not even close to dawn.

"What are you doing?" I growled closing my eyes.

"You're my apprentice. I usually don't take them on. That's Kristof's job. So welcome to hell." He said throwing my stuff at me. I got it and shrugged it on half asleep as I put weapons in their places.

"I can't believe you are doing this..." I said.

"Arschloch." I spat in German. He was right beside me with still no shirt on and his arms were crossed and his eyes were a flamming amber.

"Listen just because I know you personally and just because you're a princess does not mean you are getting royal treatement around here." He said forcefully. I stared at him sideways, not meeting his eyes. He turned and walked away to finish getting ready, and I pulled up my hood over my head far enough so shadows covered my face.

"What are we even going after anyways?" I asked as he looked over the stone balcony...these stone balconies have become a good source in the past few months.

"Collins." He answered before jumping down swiftly. I followed after him landing in the haystack.

"Where are they now? And shouldn't you be finished?" I asked.

"No. Some have many sons. Yours only had two which was surprising. They usually have about five so that they can repopulate easily." He said gesturing for me to get on his back. I hopped on with ease and then the trees and bushes and nature in all zoomed by. Blurs of light and dark green passed by. It was getting a bit colder because it was late September, October would soon be here any only some signs of yellow appeared on certain trees.

Soon he let go and I slid off landing on my feet. I let my hands linger on his shoulders as I looked around him.

"Where are we?" I asked.

"Russia."

"That fast? It was only three minutes." I said

"I'm fast." He said smirking showing his pearly white fangs that stood out through the dark shadows his hood had cascading on his face. I shook my head a small smile crossing my lips and I looked forward. The temperature had dropped a bit but it wasn't that cold, yet.

"Some families have spread over here. Closer to England, not far. So we will clear them out first, and then move back." He said looking forward.

"So are we starting here and moving in deeper?Or going deeper and moving back?"

"Here. Because this could take at least two days, so the farther we move in the chances we may see a small Inn." He explained. I nodded aggreeing and he began walking deeper into the forest. I followed after staying about four feet behind him.

"What did happen to your parents, anyways?" I asked breaking the silence. It wasn't uncomfortable, I was just bored.

"Why would you like to know? If you don't mind me asking."

"I'm curious. I haven't met a vampire before. Maybe this is the casual thing to do?" I shrugged. He made a small chuckle but answered anyways:

"They left me when I was two. I was raised by my grandparents until they died when I was ten. They found me again after they died and they took their inheritance from my grandparents but kept me around as their slave in their large house."

"Slave? At ten?" I asked surprised.

"They made me do yard work, cook, clean, get them things. I was deprived of blood. I was rewarded at the end of the week with a human. They wanted me to kill it but I never did. So they moved it to two weeks until I would finally kill one."