Chapter 1

Chapter 1-

"Alexander, Craven be careful around your sister." My mother chided. It was getting late and my two older brothers Craven and Alexander were fencing. Alexander was eleven and Craven was ten and I was six going on seven. You could say I was smart for my age just by reading my dialogue.

Of course Craven and Alexander were wearing their high socks, and shorts with a plaid shirt and vest over top. It was the casual wear for any boy in the village. I had on a button up shirt that was tucked into my skirt with my hair done nicely by my mother.

"We won't hit her." Alexander reassured my worried face mother. To make her happy I moved out of the way.

"There you go, mommy." I smiled twirling a bit in my dress. She smiled at me and went back to doing the laundry in a lake near by. My father was working in the fields, he wore his carpenter pants with suspenders, and a button up shirt that had the sleeves rolled up. He had on a hat with a piece of straw in his mouth. He enjoyed to joke around and say that he was a cowboy...but I knew he wasn't.

As the night pulled in my mother called us inside to clean up. My father took the boys out as I washed my hands and helped mother set the table.

"Are we going to the market tomorrow, mommy?" I asked her. I loved going to the market. I enjoyed it when people said 'hi' to my mother and stopped her in the streets to talk.

"Of course, darling. We can do whatever you want tomorrow." She smiled. Soon the boys and my father came in all cleaned up.

"Let's go princess." My father said scooping me up and plopping me on the chair. I laughed as my long hair flew everywhere. Once he set me down and sat by me everyone dug in.

"Daddy?" I asked.

"Yes, princess?"

"Will I ever live in a big castle?" I asked.

"Of course you will little lady." He said placing his straw hat on my head. We began to eat the potatoes and fish my mother prepared by saving up money she made watching Ms. Newmont's kids.

It was quiet just the sound of forks hitting plates. When suddenly something dropped into our house. It made a sound like it was a crackling fire. My father looked over.

"Everyone get down!" He yelled. He yanked me under the table and wrapped me in his arms shielding me from the loud explosion behind us. My mother protected the boys as I let out a scared yelp.

"Zedidya. Go under the bed and stay there. Don't leave. Kayla....Craven...Alexander. It's time." He said staring at them. My mom shoved me under her and my fathers bed and she put her finger to her mouth telling me to be quiet. I was so shocked and scared I nodded and put a finger to my lips. She gave me a small smile and left, I soon heard a gunshot and an uncontrollable scream escaped my mouth. I covered my ears as good as I could but I felt thumps hit against the old wooden floors and blood began to appear near me. I removed my hands and heard no noise. As the blood began to become larger I covered my mouth with my one hand and began to cry.

This either meant my family just killed someone...or someone...or something killed my family.

Suddenly, a face - well not really a face - came into my view; this person had on a mask that only revealed their eyes. Their eyes were a golden yellow. I stared at them shocked and they just looked back at me. This person didn't kill me, didn't threaten me just stared. That's when I was grabbed and placed on my feet. I looked at the person up and down.

They wore wrapped boots with pants that were tucked into them, they had on a black robe of some sort that ended at their elbows and was replaced by a wrapped long sleeve...the robe was tied at the waist with a bright blue piece of fabric, a hood was placed over their head with a black mask covering everything but their bright golden eyes. But that's when I noticed that there was no sort of symbols of this person being a woman. I mean there was no chest to this person so does that mean it's a man? I mean the person's stature and physic was quite remarkable. I mean the person had wide and big shoulders like daddy did.

So maybe it was a man.

That's when I felt the warm liquid of blood seep through my cotton shoes. I looked down and turned following the blood to the pile of dead bodies of my family. I let out a gasp and covered my mouth with my hands feeling the tears prick my eyes as the blood of my mother, father and brothers spill around me. They had their weapons on the ground, large cuts and gashes on their bodies and they began to turn pale by the second. I was spun back around by the man who murdered my family and I stared at him angrily.

He took my arm and removed his face mask to reveal his mouth and he bit slightly down on my snow coloured skin. I slightly gasped at the pain but it was over quickly. He turned and headed out the door.

I looked at my arm and it was already healed. There was no sign of dry blood on my tiny wrist...just a black scar of...teeth marks? Black marks of sharp teeth were placed on my skin like a tattoo.

I turned around to still see if he was gone...

Oh...one day

I will get my revenge on the man who killed my family.

I quickly grabbed new clothes and shoes and my fathers work bag. I shoved in weapons a six almost seven year old shouldn't have. But then again I was different. I placed in some food that most likely wouldn't stay good for long. But I grabbed my fathers key for the lock to his safe. He kept all his earnings in their for the new house we were soon to buy. But they did not need it now so I shoved it into the bag along with his prize possession. His engraved bow he had made. It had our last name on it as well as the initials of every member of the family. My mother's initials, Craven's, Alexander's and mine.

I took it along with all the arrows.

Oh I will find the man who killed my family. No mater if it takes my whole life to do it...I will find him and he will die by my hand.