1- Coffee and Pancakes

The alarm blared in my ears. I slammed my hand down on it, agitated. I sat up, yawning and stretching my arms. The only light in my room came from the fairy lights strung above my bed and on the walls, as it was 6:00 AM in the middle of winter, so it was still dark out. The dim room was probably making it harder for me to wake up, and I lazily tapped the lamp on the nightstand. As it lit up I had to blink a few times to get used to the sudden light. I stood up and stumbled down the few steps that led to the living room, and then turned the corner and walked towards the kitchen. Shiro was standing at the counter, a cup of coffee in his hands and a plate of half-eaten pancakes in front of him.

"Mornin,' Keith," My older brother mumbled as he ate a piece of pancake. It sounded more like 'Keef' than 'Keith.' He handed me a cup of black coffee, nothing added to it. Just how I liked it. I took a sip, and almost instantly I felt more awake. Still tired, though.

"How come I have to wake up at six in the morning, when I only have to be at a class by eight?" I said to Shiro, making sure he knew how tired and agitated I was.

"Well, first because I have to be at an interview by 7:00," he smirked, "Second, don't you think that for once it's nice to not be rushing in the morning because you slept in?" I grumbled at that. Shiro knew I wasn't a morning person. For him, he always woke up early and somehow was never tired. I, on the other hand, was the opposite. Clearly.

I took my mug of coffee into the living room, and practically fell onto one of the beanbags laid out on the floor in front of the couch. I turned on the TV and switched from some cooking competition(what Shiro watched, he would try to make what they were cooking, but always failed) and skipped through the channels. I stopped on some channel that showed crows. Whatever, I thought while shrugging, and set the remote down.

- - -

Half an hour later, Shiro was leaving the apartment. He wore a white button down shirt and black pants, and was doing his tie as he walked towards the door. His outfit matched perfectly with his black hair with the white floof. He grabbed a briefcase, and his jacket, which were laid out on the back of the couch.
"Bye, Keith! Don't forget to get ready for school, and wish me luck!" Shiro said to me as he opened the door, and left. Three seconds later, he opened the door again.

"Oh! And try not to crash on your way to school. Bye!" The door closed behind him.

"Finally," I whispered to myself. Now I can really wake up. I turned off the TV, and walked up towards my bedroom. It was built into the wall of the living room, and was elevated a bit, so there were a few steps to get to it. I changed into black jeans and a grey T-shirt, and pulled on my red and black sweatshirt over that. I grabbed a grey beanie as well, and halfway opened the window above my nightstand. Climbing on the bed and then the nightstand, I opened the window further and perched on the windowsill. Going up there I knocked a few Polaroid pictures off the desk, but that didn't matter. I'd just pick them up when I got back. Crouching on the windowsill, with one arm grasping the side, I looked down at the dim streets, five stories below. I tied my hair into a small ponytail, then leapt out of the window.

A/N:
For anyone reading this, thank you! This is my first time writing a Klance fic, I hope you guys like it! Feel free to say any comments/feedback you may have, as I know my writing isn't the best.
Thanks!
~Soni