Work and Play

Flashing light, annoying.

Rolland reached behind himself, grabbing the blanket and yanking it over his eyes. A bulb from the streetlight outside was beginning to go out, making his room look like a strobe was going off.

"He's holding my hand over his face like a blanket."

"Never said he was a genius."

"Hm... watch this."

Something began nudging at Rolland's nose, but he couldn't figure out what it was because every time he lifted up the blanket, it went away. But the flashing light was seriously beginning to bug him!

"I think he's annoyed by the streetlight outside."

Rolland put the blanket back over his eyes, but then something wet ran along his nose, finally getting his attention enough to get his eyes open.

Wait a second... I don't have a tan blanket.

"He's about to figure it out."

"Took him long enough."

He slowly lowered his hand, along with Dart's, to glare at Bryce.

"What? It was funny."

Rolling his eyes, Rolland got himself up and stretched his arms out until he felt a slight pop in his back, then turned around to see Dartanian staring up at him with a smirk on his cocky face.

"What are you guys still doing in my room?"

Dart pouted, but Rolland just kept up his glare until he answered.

"We want to take you out."

"Out?"

Rolland took a step toward his bathroom, being sure to back away with them both in his line of sight.

"You do know we can disappear whenever we want and appear behind you, whether you're looking at us or not, right?"

"Well, you haven't done it before when I was watching," he mumbled, knowing what Dart signed was already true. Obviously. Just to prove their point, though, Dart vanished and not a moment later wrapped his arms loosely around his waist from behind.

Stupid fast vampires.

He turned in Dart's arms, crossing his own arms over his chest even though it was a bit of a hassle with the giant sweatshirt he had on at the moment.

"Go back to your room, Dart. I don't wanna go out tonight."

Well, he did, to find a job, but Rolland definitely wasn't interested in toting around two vampires to do that. He shook his head and pushed Dart away, glad that he let him go without a fuss. Rolland didn't bother shutting the bathroom door after stepping inside since he knew they could just get in if they wanted anyway, but he did get undressed in the shower before turning it on. He showered quickly since he figured the twins would try to peek if he didn't hurry up, but when he reached out to grab the towel he'd put on the bar across from the toilet...

"Dammit, Dart!"

He saw him step into the bathroom with his towel around his shoulders like a scarf, one brow raised in question.

"Give it back," Rolland grumbled as he reached out for the towel.

"Come out with us."

"I'm not going anywhere!"

"Then we're staying here."

"You're not coming with me!"

"So you're going somewhere tonight?"