The Brothers; Grim

****

"He's been asleep forever. Mom said we could bring him downstairs so we don't have to sit in his room waiting for him to wake up, but if we move him and he wakes up anyway," Dart said before they both cringed, remembering the time they had taken care of Amanda when she was sick. Speaking of, she had already come by and returned the kid's backpack. They all had completely forgotten about it because of the party the prior night. If he had to turn anything in, it would just have to wait until he was feeling better, though. Eventually they decided to bring him downstairs so they could watch TV. Thankfully the move didn't wake him. Rolland didn't even stir for over an hour after the brothers had gotten settled on the sofa.

"Hey, I think he's finally starting to wake up," Bryce noted as he glanced down at Rolland, who had his head in his brother's lap. He was completely bored at having to babysit instead of going to school, which was an utter shocker. Something more boring than school? Right here, having to take care of a sick human that sleeps forever.

****

"Hm?"

Nuzzling against the softness he felt on his cheek, Rolland let out a quiet sigh and blinked open his eyes. At first he was confused as to where he was, but when he saw the big TV, he knew he was in the twins' house. Some random football game was on, but he didn't care much for the sport so he ignored it. His body ached pretty badly, and he was soon considering just going back to sleep, but then Bryce appeared in front of him on his knees, signing, "Good afternoon, Rolland."

"Afternoon?" Rolland mumbled sleepily.

Bryce grinned and replied, "Yes, it is almost four o'clock."

That had Rolland sitting up, or at least trying to. He ended up leaning against Dartanian's shoulder as his vision swam.

"He still doesn't look too good."

"Yeah."

Rolland felt one of the brothers' cool hands against his forehead and sighed.

Feels good.

"His fever has gone down a little at least."

As soon as he felt the hand against his forehead withdraw, Rolland began to cough. He felt a strong pat against his back as another pair of hands gently helped him lean forward, but he just couldn't stop. The hand patting his back left suddenly but returned a minute later with a cup of warm water. He drank it eagerly, feeling the lemon juice and honey that had been added soothe his throat. He gave a tired sigh of relief when he finished the drink, ridding him of the tickle in his throat. With his cough subdued, Rolland flopped back against the sofa and blinked his eyes back open. Bryce was standing in front of him, and Dartanian was releasing his waist. With a bit of careful shifting, he got onto his back and lifted his hands to sign.

"Thank you, both."

They both smiled and Bryce replied, "How are you feeling?"

"Hot, but not as bad as before. I think I might fall back asleep soon."

They glanced at each other, sharing a look that he didn't understand, then returned their attention to him. "Will you be okay if we go upstairs to shower and change?" Bryce asked.

Rolland's brows went up slightly, then he snickered. "I can take care of myself, it's just a little cold. You guys go ahead, take your time." The twins both chuckled before Bryce headed for the stairs, quickly followed by Dart.

After the football game went to commercials, Rolland hopped up and hobbled into the kitchen. The water had been nice, but he definitely needed something else. Eating wasn't that high on his list since his stomach was upset from the cold, but maybe some juice or something of that sort would help. With a small smile, he opened the fridge and glanced around. There was a bunch of random food in no real order, but he couldn't see any kind of drink anywhere except for a gallon of milk. Ew. He began closing the door and immediately noticed a button right above his hand on the handle. Oh. It's one of those double fridges that had a separate door in the door for storing smaller things. He shut the door and then pressed the button, opening the second part of the refrigerator.