Chapter 10

Chapter Ten

Diana's POV

Oh. My. Goodness. I recognized that voice. It was Kassiya when she pretended to be one of the Chipmunks. How the HELL did she get into the P.A. System? And that slideshow? Who knew she was good at photoshop? My eyes were widened, and I saw Blake's eyes go wide, too.  

"Told you." Eric's voice came from behind me.  

I was speechless. Oh, Kassiya, you're going to be dead. I saw her creeping up on Blake. I saw his angry face.  

'Silly girl, what did you do?! You're so going to be Kassiya en brochette.' I thought exasperatedly. She glanced my way, smiled, then continued to taunt Blake. I saw him turn around, looking at the laughing crowd, but that was when Kassiya winked at Eric and I, and then took off running down the hall. I saw Blake turn around, probably wondering where she went, and then when he saw her turn around the corner, he started running after her.  

The bell rang, and immediately I had to go to the stage. I got dressed into my costume. Our school was putting together a musical for the parents, and I was in it. We've just started, and today was our second practice. We were practicing the choreography and the song we were singing, when Mr. Haughton told us to take five. I reached for my water bottle when Kasey Stonewall tapped me on the shoulder. She was co-director of this play since she was the head of drama club. "Diana, do you know anyone who can replace Ashleigh?" she asked. Ashleigh was supposed to be one of the supporting roles, an aspiring singer from Spain.  

"Why, what happened?" I asked.  

"Well, she popped her knee..." Kasey frowned.  

"Oh! Um... my friend Kassiya could do it, probably." I smiled as I thought of doing a play with her. I was supposed to be the imancipated girl from North Dakota, and I got to sing solo for three songs.  

"Oh, i know her! Okay." Kasey wrote Kassiya's name on her little clipboard, and then she smiled. "And I have the perfect person for her opposite role!" she grinned.  

"Who?" I asked.  

"Blake Rivers!" she squealed, then smiled, then walked away. I froze, and my jaw parted slightly. What. Have. I. Done?!

Kassiya's POV

I was running my fastest, holding back my laughter. I was one of the fastest girls in this school, there was no way Blake could catch me.  

I was proved wrong though, since I felt and arm snake around my waist and pull me back. The arm turned me around and slammed me against the lockers. I saw his midnight blue eyes but I looked away, not wanting to lose my concentration. "What the hell was that all about?!" He yelled, his voice like ice.  

I chuckled, "Just a little payback for what you did. You're pretty fast, you know." I said, trying to change the subject.  

No such luck.  

"Okay, I know I made you go through torture with my sister but that doesn't mean you can just go ahead and--"  

"Kassiya!" Someone interrupted.  

We both turned to the voice and oh thank god it was Diana!  

Blake was off guard, and I used that to push him off of me and ran to Diana. "Hey, Diana! Did you like the message on the t.v?" I grinned and she laughed.  

"Obviously!" But then her face turned serious and my grin faultered.  

And then I heard her internal voice.