Chapter 8

Chapter Eight

I just gaped at him. He looked confused, but then realization suddenly dawned on him as he registered what I had said before. He too, gaped at me. "You're m-my... neighbour?" He whispered, unbelieving.  

I just nodded my head, but then my eyes widened as a smirk suddenly crossed his features. I knew what he was thinking. "Oh HELL no! You are not setting FOOT in my house! Not now, not EVER!" I opened the car door to walk over to my house, but was stopped when he gripped my wrist.  

I turned back, "You're not going to your house just yet. You're going to have to come inside mine first." He grinned mischievously.  

My eyes narrowed, "What are you going to do?"  

He chuckled, "Oh, just a little payback for ruining the fight. I was so excited too but then you just HAD to break it up, did you?"  

I scowled, "Okay, listen he--"  

"AND ANYWAY.... you might want to get inside now. The sooner she finishes, the better." He cut me off.  

She? What does he mean by 'she'?  

He let go of my wrist and I stepped out, trailing behind Blake as we walked up to the front door. I glanced back at my house; hmm... I am a pretty fast runner. Maybe I could run for it and get a head start. But then the house is locked... I think I have my key in my pocket but he might be able to catch me while I'm unlocking it. Argh, I need to know if this kid is a fast runner or not so I can calculate my chances of outrunning him.  

He opened the door and pulled me in. Well, so much for booking it.  

His house was pretty nice, and very roomy. There were leather couches in the living room with a HUGE t.v on the wall. The walls were painted in light colours, and went well with the furniture. "So, how are you getting me bac--"  

"BAKE!!!!! FINAWIE YO HOME!!!!"  

I looked around to find the person who yelled that, but there was no one around.  

"Uh... Kassiya? A little... help!" Blake choked out.  

I turned around to see a little girl about... 4 or 5 years old, wrapping her arms around his neck, practically choking him to death.  

I laughed, "Why would I do that?"  

But I realized my mistake. For the little girl had noticed my presence and jumped onto me, her arms clinging onto my neck. I COULDN'T BREATHE!!!  

He laughed but I did too. I always wanted a little sister, but sadly, my parents only wanted one child, and so they had me, and that's it.  

I looked at Blake, and was surprised when he looked sympathetic. I was confused, but then I realized how he was getting me back when the girl unwrapped her arms and looked at me, eyes narrowed.  

"Aw you Bake's gufwend?" Her adorable tiny voice asked.  

I choked on the air I had been breathing in deeply and it took me about thirty seconds to finally reply. "What makes you think that?"  

"Bake ony bwing his gufwend to his house." Aha, she calls him Bake.  

Wait a minute... GIRLFRIEND?!!  

"Girlfriend? I'm not his--"  

"Yes, Katelyn, she's my girlfriend." Blake cut in, smirking at me.  

I was getting pissed. Girlfriend? He's telling her I'm his fucking girlfriend?????!!!!!!  

She looked back at me, her eyes still narrowed. "Uh, I'm going to be upstairs. Oh, and Katelyn...? Do your thing." Blake said before walking upstairs.