Chapter 9

Chapter Nine

Kassiya's POV

I woke up, feeling oddly happy and excited, until I remembered the previous day... and suddenly the world seemed so bitter.  

How could Blake be my neighbour? God, I hope he doesn't plan on doing anything that would force me to move and never see him again.  

Jeez, I'm overreacting.  

But... it's better to be safe then sorry, so maybe I should do something to send a message to Blake, and warn him not to mess with me. And plus, I still had to get him back for the whole, Katelyn speach.  

The questions she asked me still sent shivers down my spine. Eugh, like I would ever be his girlfriend.  

But then I remembered the dream I had in Mrs. Maype's class. We had seemed so in love, so much like a couple. What if the dreams really are warnings? Well, I guess I better watch my back.  

I checked the time, I woke up two hours before school started. That's surprising, since I only wake up at this time when I have nightmares about... Blake. But this time, I had a dreamless sleep (thank goodness).  

I shrugged it off and got out of bed before heading to the shower. I stood under the hot water for what seemed like hours, but it was only 30 minutes. Once I finished, I towel-dried my hair and applied makeup before going back into my room.  

My eyes scanned the room, searching for something to do in my spare time, when I noticed my beautiful guitar propped up in the corner of the room.  

It was an Ibanez Jewel Blue, its colour electrifying as it sparkled in the sunrise glow, its strings tempting me.  

I decided to let my hair air dry, so I hung the towel on the doorknob and strolled over to my baby. Yes, it's my baby; music is my life and ever since I got this guitar it was known as my baby.  

I gazed at it admiringly before picking it up and slinging the strap over my shoulder. I shifted it until it was in good position and sat down on the bed, thinking of which song to play.  

Then I got it. I'll sing my song, the song that was on the paper which Blake and his friends had stolen. I didn't want them to read it, but it wasn't because I didn't like the song. In fact, I was proud of myself for writing those lyrics. They were from my heart, and they explained a lot in my life.  

The guitar was already in tune, so I cleared my throat before opening my mouth. Everyone said I was a good singer, but I wasn't so sure. That's why I never liked to sing in front of anyone except Diana and Eric. I started strumming, and began to sing, knowing no one was in the house to hear my voice.

"It's been a long time since I have felt this way  

But somehow I think of you every day  

It's familiar, yet it's like a stranger to me  

It's like fog on a stormy night, the mist makes it hard to see

It's mysterious, and it's making us  

Someone we've never been  

It's the feeling that, turns us into  

Something we've never seen  

But we've got to make it through this time  

And we've got to make this strange tune rhyme  

Or else the mist will make it be  

Harder for us to see

I can't remember what it is  

The mist is clouding my train of thought