Chapter 20

Chapter Twenty

Blake's POV

I sat up in bed, pin straight; screaming Kassiya's name.  

My eyes quickly adjusted to the darkness and I realized it was just a dream... but... my dreams about Kassiya and I usually come true.  

I always wondered why I had dreams about her -- even before I met her! -- and I always wondered why they came true... but this dream...  

This dream scared the shit out of me.  

My heart was pounding and I was sweating heavily. I never cared this much about a girl before... why now? Why Kassiya?  

I know that she has dreams about me as well; even before she met me too, but... WHY?!  

In art class, Kassiya had asked me if I knew about some prophecy... but what is this prophecy?  

I like cheese.  

Wait-- where the hell did that come from?!  

Oh my god, I need to clear my thoughts or else I'll go crazy.  

I was so caught up in my mixed thoughts, that I almost didn't hear Kassiya screaming like a crazy woman.  

Almost.  

Her piercing scream pinched my eardrums, and immediately, I was on my feet, heading for the door.  

I ran out and swiftly climbed the ladder -- shocked, that I didn't care whether I ripped any of my precious clothes.  

I didn't care, as long as Kassiya was safe.  

I cared about Kassiya.  

Oh great; I'm in some deep shit.  

I burst through the balcony doors; surprised that she hadn't locked them.  

But I didn't dwell on that, I was too busy scanning the room for any unwanted guests.  

My fists were up, ready to fight...  

But no one was there.  

I sighed and dropped my fists. This was just like last time.  

I heard sobbing from where Kassiya was sitting, knees against her chest and head on her knees. I slowly walked over to her -- she didn't seem to have noticed my presence.  

I lightly touched her shoulder, concern filling me whole. Kassiya isn't the type of girl to cry her heart out; she was more of a lock-you-emotions-inside-of-you type of girl.  

At my touch, she her head snapped up, revealing her tear drenched face. I was felt so worried as to what had caused these tears to fall.  

Wait... what am I saying?!  

I -- Blake Rivers; the cold, arrogant player who doesn't make space for anyone in his heart -- was actually worried for Kassiya.  

What the hell is happening to me??!!  

"Kassiya?" I asked softly, fearing that if I spoke louder she'd start to cry again.  

"W-w-what a-are you do-ing h-here?" She spoke while sobs got in between her words.  

"I heard you screaming... what happened?" I asked, sitting beside her on the bed.  

Suddenly, something hit me.  

Hard.  

It wasn't a physical hit... it was mental.  

She was reliving a memory -- or... dream.