Chapter 52: Just a scratch

Jimin felt the scratches and stings along his back and he knew this was something to worry about. He just couldn't fall asleep with an unknown entity or intruder scratching him. Yet Jimin just tried to brush it off like it was the blanket or some bug. Jimin was too scared to take off his shirt and get rid of the 'bug' behind him. All of a sudden, Jimin clenched his eyes shut and let out slight mewls from the pain like it felt as if someone was suddenly dragging a sharp edge of a knife down his back.

              "J-Jungkook... Jungkook.. P-Please wake up!" Jimin whispered as Jungkook smiled in his sleep and brought Jimin closer. "A-Ah.." Jimin hissed silently from the pain, causing Jungkook to wake up and look down at Jimin, slightly tearing up in Jungkook's arms. The boy looked confused as he sat up to reach over to the lamp by his side.

            "Jimin?" Jungkook asked as Jimin had his arms wrapped around his torso like he was trying to calm down his pain from his back. "W-What's wrong? Are you hurt?" Jungkook worried as Jimin looked up at Jungkook in tears.

            "I-It hurts..." Jimin whispered as Jungkook sat Jimin up and held him close so he could look at Jimin.

            "Where..? Where does it hurt?" Jungkook asked as Jimin moved Jungkook's hand over the older's back softly.

            "T-There.." Jimin claimed, making Jungkook bring Jimin into his arms again to pull Jimin's shirt off. Suddenly, there was huge marks along Jimin's back almost like someone really did bring a knife and slashed it along Jimin's back.

          Jungkook's eyes widened as he looked at the marks and could only question what this was. "Jimin.. Lay on your chest, I'll make you feel better.." Jungkook added as he layed the older down on his chest while Jimin kept his head facing up at the younger who was quick to get a small aiding kit Jimin used before when Jungkook wounded his hands before.

           "W-What's on my back? Is it bad? What was it?" Jimin asked as Jungkook let out a sigh and walked over to Jimin, bringing in the kit so he could heal Jimin's scars.

          "Nothing... I guess I've must've scratched you in my sleep.." Jungkook added as Jimin found it difficult to believe it was Jungkook. But yet again, it seemed more logical.

          "Or... Maybe it was something else? M-Maybe there is a ghost here and it's not you... I've been getting dreams of someone who almost reminded me of myself! He... Walked over to that window and told you to remember him by thinking of the sea. Yet, I thought it was off how he chose to stand among the railing of the window where a drop like that would kill or lead to a severe concussion!" Jimin stated as he felt the burning alcohol touch his scar. "A-AH JUNGKOOK!"

             "Shut up... That's just a dream and there is no such thing as a ghost. If you drop from the window. That does lead to memory loss or death.. But it doesn't matter! What matters is that there was no boy here that looked like you. I've been alone for a long time. Not even that seems like a smart theory to me. I've must have scratched you while we were asleep together. Now stop thinking of foolish things and hold still." Jungkook snapped at Jimin, clearing up the slight bit of blood that came from one of the scars. "I... Must have scratched you really hard... I'm sorry." Jungkook added as he softly caressed Jimin's pale back.

           "AH- C-CAREFUL!" Jimin cried. Jungkook sighed and continued to heal Jimin's wounds. "Jungkook... Y-You wouldn't do that to me... Would you? You can't be the one that was scratching me hard..."

           "My hands were behind your back while I held you close... Besides... Ghost aren't real. I know you, a bright and smart journalist would never believe such a stupid thing like that. Would you?" Jungkook asked as Jimin shook his head.

        "N-No..." Jimin sighed and looked on the bed silently, he even doubted the younger's claim. "Jungkook, if you did it... why did you hurt me?" Jimin asked as Jungkook shrugged.