Chapter 17: My interests

Jimin was sitting down at the table, starting to eat as Jungkook followed up after. It wasn't until after he took his first bite, he gazed up at the younger and made a smile before talking. The boy seemed to smile so much every time Jimin would meet his eyes. "Is he always like this?" Jimin thought as he looked down at his soup.

           "So.. Let's talk about your interests? What do you love to do or what are your favorite things?" Jungkook questioned. Secretly wanting to learn from it so he can say he has the same likings too.

           "Oh.. Um. I love music. Any type Is amazing! I read on my time off to pass time and expand vocabulary. I love to stay at calm places like down at the docks to have a moment of peace. I love soap operas. The music on the soundtrack and the beautiful stories on love. Ah, I just love romance... I love going abroad for work with my close friend, Taehyung. Not a fan of beans or seafood, I dance sometimes yet I don't have time for that. I was born here in Busan and I'm finally back to visit and of course write a few blogs on my adventure." Jimin mentioned.

               "That's amazing! I was born in Busan too!  I guess we are both back in our home districts. I-I love soap operas  and music too! I can read a bit on my own time but I spend my time playing video games." Jungkook answered just praying Jimin would at least love video games.

               "Oh I didn't really take you as the type who would love soap operas."

                "I guess I need a little bit of love stories in my life. I enjoy them. I read a bit too!" Jungkook mentioned as Jimin smiled and looked down. For once Jungkook finally felt like he was impressing Jimin.

            "Oh maybe tomorrow I should bring in a few of my favorite books to read and bring my laptop so we can watch a few great movies! I'm pretty sure I bought enough films and we can watch some dramas that will be on tomorrow." Jimin added. "Of course, that's only if you want to. I am such a sucker for romantic things. Also drama!" Jimin giggled. "And you?"

           "I-I can say I feel the same way!" Jungkook added as the older smiled happily at his response. "I look forward to watch them with you tomorrow.." Jungkook added. But deep down he was more of a gaming guy. "Do you... Like video games?" Jungkook inquiried hesitantly. 

            "They're cool I guess.." Jimin Responded as Jungkook raised a brow trying to understand what Jimin meant by that.

       "What do you mean by 'cool I guess'? You don't like it?"

        Jimin used his chopsticks on the boiled beef and took a bite out of it, slurping the slightly sweet yet spicy noodles before he can answer. Jimin wiped his lips with the napkin close by and gazed up at Jungkook. "I don't really play it. I can but I can't promise you I'll be good at it." Jimin replied. But to Jungkook, he thought it was a nicer way to tell Jimin that video games we're boring.

          "Oh then... Would you like to play a game with me?  Overwatch? It's a very addicting game." Jungkook added watching Jimin nod his head.

           "I guess I can try! But don't expect me to be the best on it." Jimin stated as Jungkook looked down and exhaled in relief. Glad he didn't have to get rid of all his figurines and game related things that really revolved around his job. "Do you write reviews on the games?"

          "Well, I do. I review it and test out the cheats made only for beta testing. It's a stay at home job."

           "Not surprising. You know.. We are friends so you can tell me anything. Why won't you go outside for a bit of sun or to take in the beautiful and warm sun. It's good to take in the warm sun before the first snowfall." Jimin claimed but Jungkook only shook his head refusing to go off and leave his apartment to have a moment out of the room. "Maybe someday... We can go out to the sea and watch it together. Before it starts to snow and the sea might freeze up." Jimin claimed but Jungkook only sighed. There was a reason why he hated to go out and Jimin only believed that it was just the fact that he didn't want to go out... Maybe it was because he alone grew afraid of heading outside due to a little fear of getting stares. But why would that bother him so much? Why was he forced into isolation and left alone and shunned by others? Jimin only longed to know.

        Eventually, Jimin spent a long time at Jungkook's apartment. Completly forgetting about his job at his apartment and had to remind Jungkook he had to leave. The two were out in the balcony together talking about fears and of course, their school lives. Jimin talked about his relationships but this alone made Jungkook feel a little left out. He didn't know how that would feel since he loved being alone.

          "How did it feel to date...?" Jungkook wondered. But yet again, Jimin couldn't answer since he couldn't really explain it to someone who hasn't ever wanted to be in a relationship and believed he will never accept one either.

          "I can't explain.. But what I could leave you with is that it'll make the grey skies go away, everyday you'll have a shoulder to lean on, someone to hug close and tell everything to.. And they'll still love you for it." Jimin replied. Jungkook then thought of the feeling for a second and that led him into an excited smile.

           "Then... Why aren't you in a relationship now? You look like you can score such a good date with such a nice guy."

            "Oh Jungkook, you young little boy.  Love isn't easy at times. You should know this since it's always on dramas. But don't trust it too much. No one is like that in real Life... I once went out with this girl and we had such a cute relationship but she whined too much in public for me to kiss her and buy her things. But I refused of course... I couldn't have her constantly beg for things." Jimin giggled and looked at Jungkook.  "Aren't you cold?"

           "Only a little. If you want we can head inside. It does seem too cold for the both of us. Especially when it's coming close to night." Jungkook added. Hinting they should step back in from their little talk that lasted from after their meal together to the sunset. Watching it together made Jungkook realize that having a friend didn't seem so bad now. He began to like it. "If you... Don't like anyone.. Why not fall in love with your roommate?  He seems like a nice guy. You mention him a lot." Jungkook added, opening the dividers to the apartment and leave the balcony with Jimin. However, Jimin laughed at the boy's assumption. "What? Don't you love him?"

              "Of course not! He Is my best friend. There's a big difference in brotherly love and just love. Just because I'm gay doesn't mean I want any nearby man to be in a relationship with me!" Jimin giggled and stepped up to Jungkook, making the younger panic and step back in a blush. "Now tell me Jungkook... Would I love you after today because I hanged out with you? Do you love me for that too?"

             "N-No... No I won't.." Jungkook sputtered making Jimin laugh and move his head closer as a tease.

             "You're a handsome man, Jungkook. I would hate to waste your time like that. Let your first relationship be the best and let your heart speak. When it speaks you'll know. And when mine speaks, I'll know." Jimin claimed. Pointing out that his heart will speak in time. In time when he wants to fall in love and Jungkook understood. "I'll see you around, Jeon Jungkook." Jimin added as farewell.. Making Jungkook's eyes widen.

           "L-Leaving already? You are coming back tomorrow, right?" The lonely boy asked as Jimin was already walking to the door.

           "Of course I will. Just let me get some work done. I look forward to your voice tonight. Don't forget about it!" Jimin stated and opened the door to the dark hallway that made him step back in fear of the dark. "I-I would like it if you turned on the lights?" Jimin asked hesitantly as Jungkook smiled and grabbed Jimin by the hand and took him down the hall so he can walk him out through the dark and down the steps. "Wait.." Jimin added as Jungkook stopped and looked at the black figure of Jimin's body in the dark.

         "Yes?" Jungkook asked as Jimin took Jungkook's hand and walked with him up the steps and down the hall of the third floor. Taking the long way back to his apartment with Jungkook so he can feel the younger's hand still locked with his. Just this was a soft moment Jimin longed for and couldn't just hold himself from feeling his hand locked with another. This was why he wanted to take the long way. Just to hold the younger's hand longer.