Chapter 15: The lonely fish at sea

"I love my job." Jungkook continued talking about himself as Jimin kept his eyes fixed on Jungkook. Just like he was gazing at pages from a book that caught his attention. That's how strong his gaze was for the younger. Giving Jungkook the attention he wanted. "I love video games... I love the designs and the adrenaline it gives me. Gaming gives me a different view on someones life.. Another adventure I can never ever have in this life..."

          "Don't say that, Jeon Jungkook. You can still find adventure here. Just gotta get over that fear of going out to see other people there. I can help you with that! You don't seem very bothered with me here. So I will help. It's what friends do!" Jimin claimed, but the boy sat there and patted Jimin's shoulder. 

             "Thank you.. But I don't need anyone's help. I'm perfectly fine here."

             "Don't you want to go out to the sea? It's beautiful there by the docks! I guess by tomorrow I can start helping you out! How does that sound?" Jimin wondered as Jungkook just remained silent. "I'll take that as a yes!"

              "Oh Jimin, please don't... This is far above my comfort level." Jungkook mentioned, but Jimin was very confident about this. For a moment, he loved to think he wasn't working. Just so he can be there for Jungkook, The lonely fish at sea.

            "Oh I understand. Don't worry about it!" Jimin giggled, yet he lied. He knew this was good for Jungkook and he had to do something about it. If he wouldn't, what type of friend would he be?  Just one that watches Jungkook suffer in the isolation that rose within him. Just masking under a cute smile saying "I love it this way" but in reality, he had no choice but to accept it for some reason he keeps from Jimin.

           "Just soon, he'll be able to tell me. I just need to find my way in!" Jimin thought to himself. Jungkook and Jimin was laying on the bed together while the boy kept gazing out to the window while he took pauses on talking about himself to someone who listened. He kept gazing out to the sea and responded to Jimin.

           "I always love the sea... It reminds me of freedom...loose and calm. I only go out to see it for a second... Before running back in here...  I can't really be out for so long... I-I get stares and whispers... Then I begin to think, what if they don't like me?" Jungkook said, but to Jimin it seemed as if this was all nothing to make a big deal about.

           "Of course they like you! You aren't a monster. Please stop seeing yourself like this. It isn't healthy. You should be able to walk out there with confidence!  Not look like a lost puppy with a mask on... It's better if I take off that mask and help you. Hold your hand through it if I have to." Jimin stated, making Jungkook feel a lot more happier about the situation. But just not into it to agree just yet...

          "I see..." Jungkook stated as Jimin yawned. "Leaving? Sleepy?"

           "Hm.. I won't leave you here on your own. I can sleep at night... When you sing to me." Jimin replied followed by another yawn. "Now.. Tell me one day you might want to open your arms for love... What are your interests?  Interest for both genders if you have to." Jimin inquired. But silence fell across the room.  Only then he sat up and looked down at the boy who was laying on the younger's bed. 

          "Are you sleepy? Maybe I can sing to you! A personal concert where I can see you face to face. How does that sound?" Jungkook wondered, completely dodging the question, yet Jimin didn't mind. He still enjoyed the idea.

           "Oh but.. I might fall asleep!"

             Jungkook chuckled and nodded along with his cute face that resembled a bunny. "That's the point!  You will sleep.. Safe and sound. How's that? You'll love it. I can only imagine the amount of stress you Journalists have on your back. I feel so sorry. But I can help you relax!  I-I hope I don't sound too weird.." Jungkook said so shyly. Jimin just couldn't have enough of the boy! Who would have known the only 'ghost' that lived upstairs was no one but just a kind hearted, yet lonely boy who loved to make Jimin laugh so far.

             "Oh.. Well if you put it like that, I don't mind. I have been feeling a little stressed." Jimin added as Jungkook sat up on the bed and later against the headboard, ready to sing the best he could for his fan. Jungkook gazed at the top of Jimin's head and smiled, watching Jimin curl up on the pillow to rest his head.

          "Wait." Jungkook mentioned, pulling up the bed covers so Jimin can feel comfortable. "Is this too much? I want you to feel comfortable."

          "T-This is fine!" Jimin assured but deep down, he felt Jungkook being a little too awkward. Yet again, how could he blame a lonely rose in a garden? "Please. Start!" Jimin advised while tilting his head up to see Jungkook clear his throat. 

            "Okay.." Jungkook whispered before he could sing. Trying not to get nervous around his new friend and of course a new guest at his house he cared about treating well since Jimin really was the only one who has ever stepped foot into his apartment.

        "Feeling like I'm breathing my last breath... Feeling like I'm walking my last steps... Look at all of these tears I've wept... Look at all the promises that I've kept...I put my heart into your hands~ Here's my soul to keep.. I let you in with all that I can
You're not hard to reach, And you've blessed me with the best gift. That I've ever known...
          You give me purpose
Yeah, you've given me purpose..."

        Jungkook sang to Jimin. The voice was soft, smooth like silk and Jimin can hear Jungkook up close and much more louder. Jimin let out a breath of exhaustion and closed his eyes. Feeling at ease already as Jungkook continued to sing for Jimin. 

          "Thinking my journey's come to an end, oh.....Sending out a farewell to my friends. For inner peace.. Ask you to forgive me for my sins, Oh would you please? I'm more than grateful for the time we spent...My spirit's at ease~" Jungkook sang along. Not realizing Jimin fell asleep already. 

        Jungkook was surprised Jimin was already sleeping. Jungkook stood up, prepared to give Jimin space and the whole room if he had to. Jungkook stood up and tucked Jimin in, making his voice grow silent just so he can come to a stop. Suddenly, Jungkook heard Jimin's stomach growl that caused Jimin to tighten his arm around his stomach to silence it. But Jungkook knew Jimin was hungry. This gave the boy an idea to cook something for Jimin so the older man can wake up eat.

          The thought alone made Jungkook ecstatic, he had a friend around to cook for or even talk to. This filled his empty and lonely void in him and the boy hoped for it to never end! Loving Jimin's company so far.