Chapter 4

I was awoken by a noise, reluctantly I opened my eyes groaning as the sound continued. Ekkia was already sitting up, so I grabbed my glasses and put them on. Bruiser growled softly at the entrance to the tunnel and I shushed him.

"Come on" I whispered to Ekkia who nodded and grabbed her bow. I grabbed my Bowie knife and slipped out of my swag. The fire had died down leaving burning embers so the air was cold and I shivered as it brushed my skin. Together we crept through the tunnel, fear and excitement running through our veins. At the end we crouched down and peered out. The world was still encased in darkness but I could make out three figures. Two were fighting the other one with swords and amazing moves. Silently I moved out of our cover and approached the three figures. Something about how the one being fought moved reminded me of someone but I couldn't place my finger on it. Up close I saw they were all boys, they wore black hoodies that covered up their identities and they had some skills. Ekkia approached as well and stepped on a twig. The loud snap it made distracted the other two just enough for the other one to escape.

"Crap" one of them cursed.

"We're so sorry" I apologised

"It's OK" the one nearest to me said in a warm friendly voice.

Ekkia started walking back through the tunnel beckoning us to follow, so we did. I grabbed a couple of sticks along the way and threw them on the fire which took awhile to get going but eventually did. In the fire light the two guys took off their hoodies, I could only stifle a gasp when I saw them. Both boys were around seventeen, tall, well muscled and insanely hot. One had black, spiky hair and green eyes speckled with silver, the other had shaggy, brown hair and blue eyes flecked with gold.

"My names Fletcher" said the black haired one "and that's Jackson" he pointed at the shaggy haired boy who was admiring Ekkia.

"My names Isabelle and that's Ekkia" I introduced us

"What were you doing?" I asked knowing that I should feel terrified after I just witnessed them fighting with Samurai swords but I didn't I just felt curious.

"Why?" Fletcher asked watching us curiously.

"Because" I shrugged

Fletcher sighed and looked at Jackson who just shrugged.

"Fine. To start off we weren't fighting just anyone we were fighting one of Grimwood's warriors" Fletcher explained.

"Who?" Ekkia asked

"Moraine Grimwood the evilest person we know. She is the witch of stolen lives meaning that she takes lives. She has something big planned and the only way to stop it is stop her assassins. The problem is that the only thing that can stop her is the angels of death" Fletcher continued.

"How is that a problem?" I asked

"I was getting to that. There are only two angels of death in the entire world and we have no idea who they are. The only way to tell who is an angel of death is by the dragon necklace they wear only they can wear the dragon necklace" Fletcher said.

Realisation hit me like a brick in the face and Ekkia gave me a stunned look.

"Do the necklaces look anything like this?" I asked showing Fletcher the necklace.

He gasped and Jackson stared wide eyed at Ekkia as she revealed hers.

"Oh My God" Fletcher muttered.