Chapter 2

I stumble towards the nearest light switch and turn it on. The whole room lights up but nothing is there, I go around the house turning each light on. There is nothing though, not even one thing out of place but still the feeling of being watched haunts me until I can't take it anymore. I run to the kitchen and grab four of the biggest knives I can find, then I go around the house checking under each bed and every cupboard but find nothing.

"Thank God" I mutter and head back to my bedroom leaving all the lights on and keeping the knives. I hide one under my pillow, one on my bed side table, one on my book case and one under my bed. Then I hop into bed and try to sleep, finally after tossing and turning for hours I fall asleep clutching my phone and the handle of a knife.

"You better be ready" something whispers in my ear just as I slip into sleep.

I stiffen and pull the knife from under my pillow and slash around everywhere but again meet nothing.

"I'm going insane" I tell myself shaking my head and laying back down. I gotta get out of here so I grab my phone and text my mum and stepdad

ME:'Can I take Ekkia and Ryan camping at Dads place for a couple days?'

Ekkia and Ryan are my best friends, people who'd I trust with my life. Dad has a huge property in the bush hours from anywhere and I know the perfect place we could camp. It's about three hours from his house and only Ekkia, Ryan and I know where it is. I get a reply within ten minutes.

MUM: 'Sure but only if its ok with their parents. Your sixteen now so I trust you and your friends not to do anything stupid. Xxx'

ME: 'Thanks Xxx. can i bring Bruiser?' I ask. Bruiser is my Irish wolfhound.

MUM: 'OK'

I text Ekkia and Ryan quickly.

ME: Camping? Our secret spot? Tomorrow ten o'clock meet at my dads house'

I receive replies straight away.

EKKIA: 'YES. My parents said its fine. C U 2morrow'

RYAN: 'sorry I can't I have to go to a Jehovah's meeting'

ME: 'Ok cool' I text them and close my eyes. Chalking the voices up to my imagination and going back to sleep.