The End

Two moons had passed. Rainyblaze sat at the pool, looking down and watching. Sounds of agony came from the nursery. Aquawing had just had her kit. It was a she-cat named Icekit.  Moonbeam had also just had her kit. His name was Flamingkit.

"Take it! Please, take her!" Aquawing cried. Rainyblaze perked her ears and wandered down to the real world. She pushed her way inside the nursery and watched carefully. 

"No! I can't Aquawing! She's your kit!" Streamrunner was pale and drenched. A weak little thing lay at her stomach.

"But you heard Snowleopard! Streamrunner... Dottedkit's not going to survive....."

"Don't say that! My precious child will survive!"

"Stream... take Icekit. Jus for one night, please! I beg of you!"

"... Fine. I'll take her."

Rainyblaze watched as Aquawing placed the kit in her sister's nest. It was a fluffy white little thing, and it started pawing at Streamrunner's belly beside Dottedkit.

Rainyblaze padded voer to Aquawing. "You did the right thing. Now walk away and never look back. This is part of Icekit's destiny." she meowed.

Aquaqing stared in her direction with sad eyes, then padded out. She padded into Finstar's den and Rainyblaze turned her attention to her kin.

"Icekit, you have a bold adventure set out for you in your life. Your going to be a hero, and so much more if you learn things right." She sat as the cats fell asleep, since it was late at night. She knew what would happen next. Dottedkit's little soul rose from his body.

"Where am I? Where is Mommy?" Dottedkit asked.

"I'm going to take care of you now. There are lots of fun things waiting for you up there! Come on, Dottedkit, we can go have fun!"

"Okay!" the little tabby tom meowed.

Rainyblaze stepped over the sleeping Beachfur's paws- she had come back after she found out she was expecting, just like Shortpelt- and padded out of the den. Dottedkit bounded after Rainyblaze as the two descended into the night sky.

-----

Rainyblaze watched as several days passed. The tiny she-kits eyes and ears began to open. 

"Icekit, can you see me? Can you hear me?" Streamrunner meowed. Rainyblaze sighed happily. Dottedkit was playing with her tail as she flicked it back and forth. She watched as Icekit shrunk back into her nest. Starclan now had enough star power to look inside dens.

"Streamrunner, your not helping your kit by doing that." Tropicalnight meowed.

Streamrunner moved away from Icekit, and gave her a lick on her head.

"Don't worry," Streamrunner murmered, "I won't let you go to Starclan like your brother." Dottedkit perked his ears.

"She means me, right?" he meowed, looking at Rainyblaze with big amber eyes.

"Yes, Dottedkit. Would you like to watch Icekit?" Rainyblaze asked

"Yes!" Dottedkit meowed, making himself comfortable between Rainyblaze's paws. He looked down into the pool and into the Oceanclan camp.

"What was his name?" Icekit meowed.  Rainyblaze watched as Streamrunner looked at her in surprise.

"His name was Dottedkit." Streamrunner replied. 

"I see you can talk, little Icekit." Tropicalnight meowed. "Your eyes are clearer, and your ears are nearly fully open. Can you hear me and see me well?" she asked

"I can." replied Icekit.

Tropicalnight purred. "that is good, dear Icekit. Tell me, what is it i look like."

"Your mostly grey with a small white patch under your chin and across your chest fur." She meowed. "Your eyes are a pale yellow."

The queen was clearly surprised. "Very good. You have developed well. My name is Tropicalnight. I stay a queen to help the new queens with their kits. I used to live in Windclan, a clan far off. Nice to meet you." she meowed.

"Do you want to meet the other cats?" Rainyblaze's daughter Streamrunner asked.

Icekit nodded. "Ok!"

Beachfur hauled herself out of her nest and lumbered over to where Icekit was.

"Hello!" she meowed. "It's nice to meet  you, Icekit!" 

Moonbeam perked her ears and padded within eyesight of Icekit. "oh! Your the same age as my little Flamingkit!" she purred.  

--------

The End~