Chapter 5

Sparrowfrost on the side picture

2 moons had passed, and Wolf had not come back. The four kits sat outside the newly built camp. After most of the camp had been washed away, they had to use plants, and move farther from the ocean. Since the medicine cat had been curved upwards a little bit, it had survived. Sandydust had moved all her supplies out to another area, and now the crystal den was used for Silverstar.  The night was that of the gathering.

"Sparrowfrost is going to stay with you guys." Willowpetal meowed, licking each of her kits on the head before padding to the small group fo cats for the meeting. 

Sparrowfrost padded up to them, a giant grin on his face. "Yea, you will be safe with me!" he meowed, puffing out his chest.

Rainykit rolled her eyes, then sat with her siblings. 

"Who do you want to be your mentor?" Amberkit asked. "I want Sparrowfrost!" she purred

"I want Silverstar!" Spotkit meowed, eyes shining.

Falconkit rolled his eyes. "Well I want Scarletslash! She's so nice!"

Rainykit twitched her tail. "That doesn't leave anybody for me then though!" She meowed. 

"Unless I become a warrior and I'm trusted enough." meowed a voice behind them. Rainykit's paws tingled and she turned around. 

"Wolf!" she meowed happily. "You came back!" the silver tom was sitting on top of the leaders den. Sparrowfrost came bounding over to them.

"Why did you come now?" he asked suspitiously.

"What do you mean?" Wolf asked.

"Nobody is here, are you blind?" Sparrowfrost growled.

Wolf narrowed his eyes. "I do not have a battle with you. I told you I would think about it, and I have." he meowed.

"Two moons later?!" Sparrowfrost snarled.

Wolf narrowed his eyes. "Yes... I have my own family, you know."

Sparrowfrost growled slightly then moved over to the kits.

Wolf rolled his eyes. "I'm not going to hurt them, I saved them, remember? I decided I wanted to join. I had no idea that nobody was here, and you should build your camp wall higher, it's very easy to jump over." he flicked his tail. "Should I come back later?" he asked

Sparrowfrost glared at him, then glanced down at Rainykit. His eyes widened and he pulled his head back at her wide, pleading grey eyes.

"Fine. Just stay until the rest come back." he growled, padding off to the camp entrance. He plopped down but faced sideways so he could keep an eye on both the entrance and Wolf.

Wofl jumped down and padded over to the kits. "Boy, have you all grown! How you doing, Falconwhatsit?"

Falconkit looked at them. "How does he know my name?" he asked.

"Ah, right. You were to busy coughing up water. I saved you, kit. I stuck my paw down your throat and saved your life. But that doesn't matter." he meowed, sitting down.

Rainykit stared at him. "You have grown yourself." she meowed, commenting on his size. "How old are you now?" she asked, titling her head to the side. 

Wolf looked at her. "I'm 9 moons old." he meowed. "What about you guys?"

"We are 4 moons old." Amberkit meowed, staring at him

Rainykit stepped on her paw. Amberkit looked at her with a pained expression, and Rainykit jerked her head to the side. The two sisters got up and padded off a little ways.