Chapter 4

Wolf (Wolfbreeze) is on the side picture.

One moon had passed since the tribe cats came to be clans. Rainykit jumped over her brother. Well, for all she knew, he was her brother. She hadn't been told that she was adopted. She was acting out the battle that had broke out between Oceanclan and Stormclan a couple days ago. 

"Take that Cheetahmark!" she yowled, kicking Falconkit in the face. Falconkit fell backwards and Amberkit jumped off the little ledge in the den, landing on her brother. "Haha! Girls beat you again!" she meowed.

Spotkit bowled into Rainykit, making her go flipping and rolling over her siblings. "Hey-a!" she yelped. Willowpetal stood up, flicking her tail over Spotkit.

"That's enough." she meowed sternly. Rainykit got up and blinked at her mother. 

"It didn't hurt mama." she meowed. "We were only playing."

Willowpetal looked at her with bright blue eyes. "I know." she meowed. "But rough play can turn into fights." she padded out of the den. "I'll be right back." she meowed, her tail disappearing out the den. 

Rainykit turned around on the sandy floor. The ocean was unusually close to the camp, appereantly, and it splashed against the side of the cave. Spotkit looked at them. 

"Lets go out and play in the waves." he meowed, eyes shining.

Before anybody could reply, the wall behind them broke and water flooded inside the den. Rainykit's pelt prickled and she dashed away from the waves. 

"It broke!" she yowled. "It broke!!" the den was filling with water fast, and it scared her. She jumped up on the ledge, Amberkit and Spotkit jumping up after her. 

"Where is Falconkit?" Amberkit asked, voice cracking.

Rainykit scanned the den. The kit couldn't be found anywhere in the rising waves. She held her ears back, scared. At the same time, Falconkit's head popped up near the hole, Sparrowfrost bursting into the den. 

"Sparrowfrost!" Rainykit yowled. "Falconkit is getting sucked out at the hole!"

Sparrowfrost stared at her in horror then splashed through the cave, putting his head under where the water was rushing in, bringing it up. Rainykit's heart sank- Falconkit wasn't with him. He continued throwing his head under the water and looking around, the water rising. 

Sandydust came into the den, her cream fur sodden. "I saved the supplies! Where are the kits?" she asked Sparrowfrost as his head came up out of the waves. His whole back was almost covered by the water. 

"They are up there on the ledge!" he meowed. Rainykit tried to scramble back as the waves touched her paws. "I'm looking for Falconkit! I think he was sucked through! I'm going to look!" his head popped under again and Rainykit could barely see hte flick of his tail as he swam through the hole, and into the ocean outside. 

Sandydust swam over to the kits huddling on the ledge. "I can only take two at a time." she gasped. "Jump into the water and I'll catch you!"

Spotkit jumped into the water, going under for a split second before popping up again, paddling madly. Sandydust paddled over and took him in her jaws. "Who's next?" she mumbled through his fur. 

Amberkit jumped into the water right as Rainykit had scrunched down to jump. Even though she didn't need to- her paws and half her legs were under water. Amberkit clung to Sandydust's back. "I'm going under, hold on tight and hold your breath." she instructed through the side of her mouth. The kits held their breath, Amberkit clinging tightly to the medicine cat's back as she disspeared under the water.