Chapter 6

Spotpaw (Spotsoul) in the picture on the side. Sorry for the stock photo, it was the only one I could find that had his blue eyes!

"You'll never get away!" Rainypaw snarled, leaping forwards and batting at the other cat's face. The other cat retaliated and kicked out with her hind legs. Rainypaw went flying and Wolfpaw quickly took her place.

The cats were in the training center, and trying to beat up their leader. She was sloppy herself, and Rainypaw had been told that her ancestors came from a tribe. So that must be why her fighting skills were sloppy. She must have been what they called a 'Prey-Hunter'. 

Rainypaw jumped to her feet and jumped up in the air. She landed on Silverstar's back and wrapped her paws around the cat's neck.

"I give up!" Silverstar yowled. "Get off of me!"

Rainypaw felt Wolfpaw let go and jumped off her leader and mentor, only to go flying again as Silverstar spun around and wacked her away with her tail. She jumped to her feet and lashed her tail, facing her leader.

"That's enough for today." Silverstar panted. "You guys are learning fast." She bounded away from the training area.

Rainypaw looked at Wolfpaw. "So... Two moons and you can be with Savannahdream." she said.

Wolfpaw glanced at her. "Yes... I can. Look, Rainypaw-" he dashed in front of her and faced her. "That doesn't mean I don't have feelings for you." with that he turned around and bounded after Silverstar. 

Rainypaw stared after him with wide eyes, before she padded slowly after them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two moons had passed since that day. Wolfpaw was sitting underneath the crystal rock, recieving his warrior name.

"I, Silverstar, leader of Oceanclan, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice. He had trained hard to understand the ways of your noble code, and I commend him to you as a warrior in his turn. Wolfpaw, do your promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend your Clan, even at the cost of your life?"

Wolfpaw looked at her, eyes shining. "I do."

"Then by the powers of Starclan, I give you your warrior name. Wolfpaw, from this moment on your will be known as Wolfbreeze. Starclan honours your Energy and Bravery, and we welcome you as a full warrior of Oceanclan."

Silverstar rested her head on Wolfbreeze's, and he licked her shoulder. The meeting was over. The cats shouted his name and he padded over to the camp entrance. Rainypaw put her head to the wind and sniffed in the breeze. Her muscles tensed as she scented a familiar scent on the wind.

"It's the tribe!" she yowled. "The tribe is coming!"

Silverstar jumped down. "How do you know what the tribe smells like?"

"It smells like Oceanclan, except more... rocky." she replied.

Silverstar padded to the entrance. A sandy brown tom with blue eyes faced her. "Silverstar." he meowed.

"Shell..? Where is Shadow?" she asked.

"Shadow is ill. He is now an elder. I am the new healer." he meowed. He looked past her. "Is this your clan?" he asked.

Silverstar nodded. "Yes. Why are you here, Shell?"

Shell stepped to the side. There were more tribe cats behind him. "We need your help." he meowed.

"There is this wolf that keeps preying on us. She has cubs, and we want to drive them-" he stopped, watching as Wolfbreeze pushed his way forwards.

"You say there is a wolf with her cubs? This is tricky. Let me tell you this- Drive away the mother and keep the cubs. Train them to fight for you, and then they will be no threat to cats. They will help cats. How old are the cubs?"

"They still need to suckle, and their eyes just barely opened." Shell replied. "Who is this?" he looked to Silverstar.

"This is Wolfbreeze. He just became a warrior."

"A warrior? What is that?" 

"Nevermind." Silverstar meowed. "We'll help. But I fear we won't be enough to drive them out with you."

"It's alright. we have Earthclan helping us as well." he meowed.

Silverstar looked over her shoulder at her clan, then turned to Shell.

"We'll be there."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rainypaw followed behind her father, trotting at a small speed. She could see the mountain where the tribe lived off to the side. The sand stuck to her paws as it always did, though the other clats looked uncomfortable. They probably just weren't used to it. The sand came to an end and grass took it's place.  Rainypaw stared up at the giant mountain/ Why would anybody want to leave there? It looked so majestic.

They started to pad up the mountain, Rainypaw making sure she didn't look down. She knew she was afraid of heights, not to mention that... it was above water. She might be of Oceanclan, but she sucked at swimming. Ever since the cave accident when she was a kit, she had been terrified of water. 

"STOP!" one of the cats yowled. "AVALANCHE! MOVE UNDERNEATH SOMETHING!"

Before Rainypaw knew it, her father had her in his jaws and she was being shoved into a hole in the mountain. She heared yelping coming from above the mountain, and wondered if it was the wolf. She silently wished the cubs were okay. They didn't deserve to die in the avalanche. Fur was pushed against her, and she felt the loud rumbling of the avalanche. She hoped all the cats made it safely.

She closed her eyes tight as the avalanche came overhead, and stayed like that until the rumbling came to a stop. Snow covered the hole entrance, and she suddenly felt afraid. "Who- Who's in here with me?" she asked, quietly.

Amber eyes stared at her. "It's me, Whiskersight. From Earthclan." came the voice. 

Green eyes stared back at her beside the Amber ones. "And me. Swift from the Tribe."

Rainypaw silently started freaking out. She was stuck with two toms, and both were not even from her clan!

"How... How do we get outta here?" she asked, voice shaking.

"Check behind you. Is there a tunnel?" Whiskersight asked.

Rainypaw turned around and brushed her whisker's along the back of the wall. "Nothing here- Oh wait!" she stuck her head into a hole. "There is a small hole here that leads to a bigger tunnel." she said, pulling her head back out. "I don't know if you could... fit." she said, looking at the bigger clan cat.

Whiskersight growled slightly. "I so can." he psuhed her to the side and shoved himself through the hole in the cave. 

Rainypaw shrugged and followed after him. She felt Swift follow after. 

"let me lead." he meowed. "I might know where this leads." 

Rainypaw pushed herself to the side of the tunnel as Swift squeazed past her. When he got to the front, they started moving again. Rainypaw looked behind her. 

We are leaving the clans behind. Will they think us dead?