-15-

Soccer playoffs came quicker than I expected.

We had been hyping this day up for months, and I actually felt somewhat prepared. I slung my soccer backpack over my shoulder, overviewing my room to make sure I wasn't missing anything.

Dylan trudged in a second later on the phone, but he was about to hang up on whoever he was talking to. I soon figured out that it was Ethan, based on his laugh. He hung up and dropped his phone on my bed, carelessly, as he proceeded to throw himself onto my bed with a loud thud.

"Good morning to you too." I muttered sarcastically while fixing my earring in my mirror.

He just sat there in silence.

"Are you ready for the first game?" I asked.

He rolled over so he could talk, as he rested his head on his arms that were behind his head lazily.

"Yeah I'm ready. I just hope the rest of the team's ready, because I plan on taking the damn trophy home." he smirked.

We had to stay for four days, and there were about six playoff rounds that we had to go through in order to win. The hotel we were staying in had a gym, and coach was forcing us to work out on the first night, regardless of how tired we are from the bus ride.

I was not looking forward to that at all because I don't typically do gym conditioning, and I'm not a weight lifter in the slightest. So I knew this would be humbling on so many different levels.

I slung my backpack on, and went downstairs to say goodbye to my parents before we got on the bus. They were both pretty excited to see us go, and I couldn't blame them. Some peace and quiet in the house will probably be nice for them.

The bus was parked right outside of our house, and I gawked in amazement at how it came all the way up the long driveway.

It was huge on the inside — big enough to fit the entire girls and boys team.

The first thing I heard when I stepped on was Quinn's gigantic speaker blasting Gold Digger by Kanye West as loud as humanly possible.

Dylan and I walked to the back of the bus, where Austin sat on the ground with a TV, hiding it from Coach.

"How did you get that in here?" I gaped.

"Magic." he responded before turning to Dylan.
"Did you bring it?"

"Yeah, man." my brother responded as he yanked his entire Xbox out of his suitcase.

I snorted as he kept pulling an endless amount of cords and games out. What the fuck.

Gilbert leaned over the seat in front of them, fidgeting with cords, that he was somehow finding a way to use. How do you get a TV to function on a bus? These bastards were out of their minds.

The bus drove a few minutes down the road to Devin's house and parked in his driveway. He got on the bus quickly and opened his bag, revealing his entire PlayStation along with a bunch of games.

They sure as hell weren't going to be bored for this 14 hour bus ride.

"Dude, did you bring Fifa?" Brandon questioned desperately.

"13 through 19." Devin smirked devilishly, causing everyone to cheer excitedly.

Dylan put Call of Duty Black Ops 4 into the disk player, and started playing it before the bus even started moving.

"Damn you have a lot of merits." Gilbert commented.

"I play a lot." Dylan spoke cockily, without removing his eyes from the screen.