Chapter 14

Love At First Sight-Ch14

authors note:

I can't believe I'm at almost 8,000 reads! This is so surreal. I started writing L.A.F.S. exactly one month ago today, and I'm so surprised at where this story has gone. This is my very first fan fiction and to be honest, I've been totally winging it every chapter ;) Anyways, this is just a massive thanks to every single person who has read my story, even if it was just a chapter or two. Please continue to be dedicated readers, as the story progresses. I promise an ending you will all love. I'm not exactly sure how long this will end up being... maybe around 25-30 chapters? We'll see. But for now, please enjoy Chapter 14, and don't forget to vote if you enjoyed it, and leave a comment of what you think! xxx

 Chapter 14:

I didn't realize how long Harry and I spent in the hot tub, but when our lips finally broke apart it was completely dark, and Sara and Niall were inside. I looked up at Hazza with a flustered smile, and he licked his lips, lowering his head. He gave me a small peck on my lips, before whispering, "We should probably go inside," his lips lingering on mine.

"Mhm…" I breathed, my eyes closed. He stood up and stepped out of the hot tub, and I was close behind. We grabbed towels and dried off, and I took the opportunity to admire Harry's abs before he threw his shirt over his head. He caught me ogling, and winked before walking inside. Blushing, I followed him then rushed upstairs to Sara's room so I could change. I checked my phone. It was 8:00PM. I had a message from my dad asking when I would be home. I wasn't exactly positive, but I replied that I'd be back around ten.

I threw on a sweatshirt, put on my favorite dark blue skinny jeans, and paired them with my white vans. I took a deep breath and walked over to face Sara's mirror. I slowly reached my hand up and felt my lips form into a small smile. I couldn't believe everything that had happened to me in the last few days.

I jogged back down the stairs and back to the TV room, where Sara and Niall were snuggling on one couch, while Harry sat on the other couch, leaning against the edge. We made steady eye contact for several seconds, until I blushed and looked down. I made my way over to the couch. The TV was playing the show, New Girl, which was Sara's and my favorite television show.

"Nice sweatshirt," Niall commented as I walked past. I looked down at my sweatshirt, curious as to why Niall made that remark. I turned a bright red when I noticed that I had put on my "1D" sweatshirt. I wore it so often, I didn't even think about it when I put it on.

I laughed, "I always wear this sweatshirt. Why should today be any different?" I winked playfully at the Irish boy before taking my seat on the couch with Harry. We sat on opposite ends of the couch, facing each other. I noticed my hair was still dripping wet from the pool, so I pulled it back into a ponytail.

I shivered, and hugged my knees, cold from being in the pool. Harry observed and reached down to the basket on the floor and pulled out a large blanket, "Here," he unfolded the blanket and placed it over my legs and his legs. I gave him a slight but thankful smile and grabbed the blanket to adjust it. We both had to straighten out legs across the couch so the blanket would cover us, so Harry's legs were pressed against mine.

I pretended not to notice and turned towards the TV. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't focus on the TV show. How was I supposed to concentrate when I had Harry Styles's legs brushing against mine?

We watched TV for about an hour before Niall and Harry had to leave. We all stood up to say our goodbyes. I got a Horan hug first, while Sara said bye to Harry, then I turned to Hazza. To my surprise, Harry took my hand in his, so our fingers were laced around each other's, before leaning in to peck my cheek. He rubbed his thumb along the side of my hand, before letting go and pulling me in for a hug. In our embrace, he turned his head so his lips were grazing my ear, and whispered, "I didn't get to finish what I was going to say earlier in the hot tub… I love you, Alice."