Chapter 17

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note -

Hi, cupcakes! (:

I've made chapter 17 a bit longer, because... I'm sorry to say this but I won't be able to upload until next Friday or Saturday! I have band camp from 9am-9pm every day this week, Monday - Friday! It's so exhausting and by the time I get home every day I'm just going to want to sleep :P

Thank you so so SO much, honestly though, because I'm at almost 16,000 reads now, and just one week ago I was at 10,000! The number is increasing so fast, and I'm so happy that lots of people are enjoying my writing <3

I understand a few of you have asked me to read their fanfics. I would love to read them, of course! It's very hard to keep track of them, however, and remember which ones to read, since I'm so busy. If you REALLY want me to read yours, though, just dedicate a chapter to me, because I read all stories that are dedicated to me :D

I really really appreciate comments. Votes are amazing, too, don't get me wrong, but I just LOVE all of your comments because they make me smile, and they tell me what I am doing right :) So please continue to comment and vote! Also SHARE the story with your friends, or on twitter! I'd be so grateful <3  xoxo, ash (: xx

Sorry for ranting, here's.... CHAPTER 17!!!

Chapter 17:

My heart skipped a beat when I heard the sound of the doorbell. I took a deep breath to control myself and fixed my shirt. I jogged to the front door and reached for the handle, opening the door slowly.

"Harry!" I smiled, letting out a breath of air. He opened his arms, beckoning me in for a hug, so I closed the gap between our bodies as he pulled me in to a secure embrace. Several seconds later, he broke off the hug to kiss my cheek.

"You seem happy," he whispered to me, his lips grazing my ear, before pulling away.

I looked away blushing. My eyes returned to him as I replied, "Just happy to see you!" which caused an enormous grin to instantly spread across his face. Playfully, I poked one of his dimples, then opened my door further and welcomed him inside.

The curly-haired British boy followed me into the kitchen and took a seat at the counter. I opened the fridge to see what we had to eat. "What do you feel like having? We've got frozen pizza, macaroni & cheese, left-over spaghetti… What do you want?"

I continued looking through our food while waiting for Harry's response, but there was only silence. Curious as to why he didn't reply, I turned to face him. I tilted my head to the side, confused, when I saw him smiling, completely fascinated by what looked like a book. I walked around the counter to have a closer view of what he took so much interest in. When I realized what it was that caught his attention, I took a sharp intake of breath.

Harry's head snapped away from the book when he heard me gasp behind him, "Oh, I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to pry," he started to quickly close my family photo album. "I just saw this old photo album sitting on the counter and thought I could take a look," he paused, opening the cover once again, "Was this your mum?" he turned to look me in the eye.

I didn't look at him. I just stared at the picture of my mother and nodded. It was the same picture my dad and I were looking at the previous night. My mother sat on the grass, holding me when I was a toddler, with the most genuine smile a person could have.

"You have her eyes, Alice," he placed one finger under my chin, and tilted my head up, so he could see my light green eyes better, "Your mother was a gorgeous woman."

My mouth formed into a slight smile, as I nodded, "She really was." Harry could tell that it hurt me to talk about my mother, so he closed the album.

"So, what's cooking, good looking?" He flashed his signature cheeky smirk, instantly easing the mood.

I giggled loudly as I walked back towards the fridge, "We've got frozen pizza, is that okay? Cooking isn't exactly my forte."