Chapter 26

Love At First Sight-Ch26

-TWO YEARS LATER-

Beep... Beep... Beep...

Please pick up.

Beep... Bee-

“Hello?”

“Sara!”

“Oh my gosh, Alice? It’s been forever!”

“I know, I miss you so much. How’s UCLA?”

“It’s fantastic! You’ve got to come visit soon. It’s beautiful,” Sara said. I could hear her smile through the phone.

It had been a few months since we’ve seen each other, since she was going to college in LA, while I was studying abroad in London, to be closer to Harry.

“That’s amazing! And you and Niall are doing well, I assume?” I asked, playfully. We’ve both been so busy with studying, we hadn’t caught up in a few weeks.

Sara giggled, “We’re great. He and Zayn bought a place in LA. Harry turned twenty-one this month, didn’t he?”

“Yeah, he did! Gosh, it feels like just yesterday when he was just eighteen... I can’t believe that was almost three years ago.”

“I know what you mean! So, Valentine’s Day is in a few days! You and Haz gonna do anything special?”

I thought for a second. Harry hadn’t mentioned Valentine’s Day to me at all yet. Maybe it didn’t even cross his mind. “I don’t think so,” I replied, “I doubt Harry even realizes it’s coming up. He hasn’t said anything about it. We’ll probably end up staying in and watching movies or something.” 

Sara hesitated. “I wouldn’t be so sure...” she mumbled.

“What? What do you mean? Do you know something I don’t?!” I questioned, desperate for answers.

“You’ll see,” Sara replied, teasingly, before continuing, “Anyways, I gotta go. I’m going over to Niall’s to have pizza. I’ll talk to you soon, though! Bye.”

“Wait, Sara! What is Harry doing for Valen-”

Beep.

Call ended.

My curiosity was more than I could handle. I flopped back onto my bed at Harry’s loft, and wondered what he could be planning for the special day.

Before long, I heard the front door open.

“Alice? I’m home,” I heard Harry shout. I got off of my bed and walked towards the door.

When I saw him, he was hanging up his coat and shaking the snow off of his hair.

“Hey, babe. Cold outside?”

“Yeah, it’s freezing.” He walked up to me and I stood on my toes, planting a gentle kiss on his pink, cold lips.

“You want some tea?” I offered.

“Sure, love. Thanks.”

As I walked towards the kitchen, I asked him, “So how did your signing go today?”

One Direction had recently released their fifth album, with five songs on the iTunes Top Ten. They were nominated for six awards at the Brits 2015. By far, One Direction was the biggest boyband in the world.

“It went well. It’s too bad not all of us could be there.”

“I’m sure everyone understands how busy you guys are.”