Chapter 1: When I Layed Eyes On Him...

• Dedicated to Newsboys

I dedicate this 1st chapter to the Newsboys, the singers/writers of this great song (Our God's Not Dead)!!! You should listen to it!!!! OK here I go....

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<3>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

“Our God’s not dead, He’s surely alive, He’s living on the inside, roaring like a lion…” That was the song that we were all singing to when I first laid eyes on him. I didn’t know his name, but I did know that I was attracted to him. To his physical looks. Most importantly, to his spiritual ways.

The way he jumped up and down, played his guitar, and smiled as he sang to The Lord. He encouraged me to want to get closer to Him. He made me interested in wanting to come to Triple W Summer Camp next year.

But I couldn’t wait that long. I mean, a whole year without seeing that face. Those beautiful green eyes. His fine jaw line. Those full set of lips. His shiny forehead. His light skin. His lean body…

That day. That day I was picking up my brother from Triple W Summer Camp. He had been there a whole week. He had experienced God in a way never before. He had been able to make new friends, and experience many different arts. How fun! Anyways, that morning is when all this took place. During Praise Time. I felt so guilty. Literally, I felt like God was going to strike with lightning in a second because of what I was thinking about. But it was so hard not to.

Once it was over we went down to his cabin to pick up his suit cases. By the way, my brother’s name is Danny. As I waited for them, people came in and out. Parents, campers, and counselors. Then, Shawn. That’s his name! The guy that I liked without even knowing. Turns out he was a counselor, too. He had actually been hanging out with my brother, the whole week! He had been teaching him how to play guitar! I know it’s weird… More like pedophile weird. I mean how old was he?

Well, I overheard him talking to the other counselors, and it turns out he’s 19! “So how did you like being counselor this year?” I heard one of them say. “Yeah, how does it feel to be 19, and not be a youth here anymore?” I heard the other say. They all just chuckled though. And automatically I began to blush. I could feel my cheeks warming up… Wow really warm. I could just feel my whole face, as well, turn bright red. I swear I looked like a tomato. But I felt like a pretzel. My stomach was twisting and turning. How can I make this stop? At least, thank God, nobody was looking at me. Everyone was doing their own thing.

All of a sudden, my mom, and Danny come out with their hands full. Of course I grabbed some and helped load the car. That is, when we got to the car. My brother had stopped to say his good-byes to everyone, including the counselors, and even take pictures with them. I was following him around like a stupid puppy just because I didn’t know where else to stand. Then he goes to shake Shawn’s hand. I became frozen. He actually looked at me! Well, he had looked at me during Praise Time a couple of times, but this time he had such a mysterious look…. A “Who are you” look… An “I want to know you” kind of look.  And that was it… But what did he really think of me?

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<3>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

So what do y'all think??? Plzzzz comment!!!! I want to see what you think before I update...