Chapter 6: Zip-Lining Into His Heart

OK so I feel that this one is waaaaayyyy better!!!

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<3>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

About a half hour later we were in the forest. The hell? What were we doing in the forest? Well, turns out this is where we are going to be zip-lining. We were going to slide, I guess you can say, from Point A to Point B at about a height of 100 feet. So was I terrified? No. Terrified is the world’s biggest understatement, in this situation. I was crapping my pants scarred. Everyone could pretty much tell, but no worries, right?

“Alright, guys and girls!” Shawn says as he claps his hands together. “OK, y’all are going to go down one by one. When you get to the end, just wait on the deck.” I  laughed just because I describe him country-like, but he speaks, how do I say this without offending anyone, ‘straight English’? Oh, but why did I laugh out loud? He heard me and what do you think happened? “Hey, and Valerie you can go first! You seem eager.” Shawn said with a smirk on his face. Evil.

No worries!? No, there are worries! I was going up first. I was already hooked to the line, though, and I could already see the depth, of what I exaggeratedly called a ‘death pursuing abyss’ that was waiting for me.

Everyone is cheering for me, thinking I’m actually going to do it. Not by myself I wasn’t. Darlene, of course, knows me. I’m a chicken. Well, I’m more than that, but it’s unnecessary to even mention it. Anyways, as I am looking at her like I’m going to strangle someone right now, she goes up to Shawn. She taps him on the shoulder and begins to whisper something into his ear. I already know what it was without even trying as hard to read her lips.

“Umm, Shawn. I don’t think she really wants to go alone.” Darlene says awkwardly as she plays with her hands. She always has been insecure about her chubby fingers. Shawn flashes a smile at me as I try to disguise my emotions.

“Yeah your right. OK I got a plan.” Damn he noticed. Suddenly I feel someone tugging on me. WTF?

“Hey, do you mind if I ride with you?” Shawn says, already pulling me back to attach himself.

“Not at all” I say in between my embarrassed-like chuckle.

“See y’all at the other end.” He yells back. With that we are off. Of course, I’m screaming, but Shawn manages to calm down.

“AHHHHHHHH!” I say as I laugh at the same time.

“Hey relax. Try to open your eyes.” He says pulling my messy hair back.

I am able to build up the courage and there I am swooping through the forest. Free Fallin’. The wind is blowing through my hair forcefully. It feels indescribable. And how beautiful is nature, or what? I can see flowers of all different colors, under my feet. Red, white, blue, violet, and orange, too.

The line was only about 56 feet long, but it felt like it when on forever. I wouldn’t change a thing, though, because Shawn was there. Our bodies were pressed close together and I could feel him breathing on the back of my neck. Actually, I didn’t realize until I felt those major chills. Goose bumps ran up my back. Oh Gosh.

The moment is ruined, though, when I hear a ‘Ping!’ “Shawn what was that” I say as I begin to panic, and out of instinct grab his hand, which is wrapped around me, and squeeze it tightly.

“That was just the OK sign that the next person can be released because we are far enough.” He says just realizing I was holding his hand, but not pulling back.

Not knowing if he should, he places his hand under mine, and we intertwine fingers, awkwardly that is. Still they fit in perfectly! Now that was a good sense of relief.

We have said nothing since, so far, but the ice breaks soon enough. “Your hands are soft. What lotion do you use?” he asks in a high pitched, girl tone.

“HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Thank you. And I use Victoria Secret’s hand cream.” I reply looking at our hands, just as he is.

“We are still holding hands, aren’t we?” he says unexpectedly. “Yeah.” I say as we both pull away.

When we finally reach the deck on the other side, I try to get out of all the belts as quickly as I can. I run down the small set of steps so that I can at least try to shake out of my wedgie without Shawn seeing me.

“We have to wait up here. I know you want to stretch and go to the bathroom, but we are supposed to wait for everyone. Sorry.” He says not trying to sound rude and not trying to push me away after all the points he had earned.

“I know. I’ll be right up.” I say as I am already walking up hesitantly.

After everyone has reached Point B, we head to another section of the land, where we zip line from tree to tree. We do that the remainder of the day.

By 5 PM, we are back in our cabins taking showers, get ready for dinner and Praise Time. That night we had Spaghetti and Meatball with Texas Toast… Again, delicious.

Once our bellies are full, we head to fellowship. That night we sang the exact same songs we had last night. Opening night. Anyways, some people were bored of them already, but I wasn’t. I totally loved them. These songs made me want to jump. And I did. But the lyrics reassured me that God was right next to me. That night I felt closer to Him than I had in a while. I didn’t think of anyone or anything, but Him. It felt like I was really ‘soaring on the wings of eagles’.

As Praise Time went on, we finally reached the service. We all sat there patiently as Mike, the preacher, pulled out his bible and made sure that his microphone was working.

I really wanted to know what was in store for me, and as I look up from my praying position a loud voice comes on. “Integrity!” Mike says as a picture of the word ‘Integrity’ comes up on the T.V screen.

“Tonight we are going to talk about integrity, and what it means to you.” He says before offering our ideas on the subject.

At about 9 PM we are all in the pavilion playing four square, well those who wanted to. Others just played cards that they had brought.

We got bored and tired quickly so we all went to bed early. And, believe me, I’m glad I did. I was wasted. I slept all night like a baby so the next morning I was fully awake.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<3>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

OK...So what did y'all think??? Please comment, vote and tell others about it!!!  :)