Chapter 25 - Shocks and Tingles

Mia's POV 

It's been two weeks since Patrick told me that he wanted to be more than friends with me, well, not that I'm counting the days but it's more on having a sudden realization how time flies so fast. 

Just like as to where I am now. 

Yep, I'm in the classroom right now looking at the clock as it ticks by. I think I finished answering my paper waaaay too early that I now feel a sudden boredom as I wait for the bell to ring signaling that we can finally pass our papers altogether to the teacher. 

Not that I'm saying that the test is waaay too easy. It just so happen that I've been studying for this exam for weeks, sooo there. 

Yep, you guessed it right by the way. I'm in the middle of an exam, finals exam to be exact. I'm quite excited because it's the last day, and the last period of exam. After this I can say hello freedom with a smile so wide even the Cheshire cat will be no match for it! HAHAHAHA!

Yep. I'm THIS excited for summer break! I mean goodness! To all the stress and drama that I've been through lately, whether it's about academics, presidential duties, and even my love life, oh gosh, really, a love life? Can I consider calling that as a love life? Well, you get the point anyway. Anyway, back to my main point. To all those stress and drama, I'm glad that summer is up so I can finally relax and enjoy. 

I love summer! I can't imagine the number of books that I'm willing to read until I fall asleep, the movies and TV series that I am willing to go for a marathon until my eyes feel tired. 

Not to mention road trips and gatherings. Ughhh food everywhere, waaah! Talk about heaven. 

Plus how can I forget about it, summer parties and beach trips. Oh gosh I'm so excited!!

So here I am silently tapping my fingers on my table unconsciously as I stare at the clock like it's going to transform into something at any second. Ughhh I just want to get this over with. 

Plus, I actually have to go to an after party with my friends later, it's like a start of summer getaway that we always do every single year. 

I'm actually looking forward to it since Patrick will be there. I mean, Patrick and his band will also perform in that event as well. It's been a long time since I've heard them sing. As far as I can recall, the last time that I heard them sing was during school fair, that's even months ago, it even felt like ages ago actually, or even light years ago!! Okay, that's an exaggeration, hahaha. 

"Time is up. Finish or not finish, pass your paper forward." our teacher instructed. I heard a couple of gruntles at the same time a couple of squeals. 

Ahhh. I can feel it, I can feel it!! The excitement! The thrill! 

As we all get to pass our papers in front, our teacher collected our papers as she spoke the words that I wanted to hear minutes ago, "Alright class, you can all leave now. Enjoy your summer vacation everyone! Have fun!" 

With that, we all enthusiastically leave the classroom. Buzzing sounds can be heard since everyone is talking about how happy they are that it's finally summer, and their plans during summer, and blah blah blah, you get the point. 

As I was about to head at my locker someone lightly grabbed my arm. 

I immediately looked at the person who is still holding my arm and my heart skipped a bit as a spark-like feeling pulsed through my arm. 

"Patrick..." I breathed, as I gave him a smile. 

"Hey..." Patrick said, smiling goofily. "You'll be going later right? At the event I mean?"