Chapter 7 - The Hearty Welcome

Patrick's POV

"So that's our last song for this afternoon. We're thinking if we'll use that song for our encore tomorrow but it's still subject to change. We'll just surprise all of you tomorrow." I said smirking as the final beat of the music is being played to fade.

Mia and Yuu clapped enthusiastically. They look like two cheery souls that had just received the presents that they have been waiting for during Christmas Eve.

"Pssst... Patrick!" Caleb whisper shouted. I look right back at him. "What's up?"

"It seems that you missed a few beats from your guitar solo. Though it's not that noticeable really." He smiled lightly, shrugging a little.

"Oh. Sorry man, I'll practice my part some more." I said as I unconsciously caressed the strings on my guitar. I didn't even noticed that I made a mistake. To think that I'm always keen to these things.

"Is something bothering you?"

"Nah. Just tired. We've been practicing for almost the whole day anyway." I said, giving out a small smile.

Let's just say that I'm more on distracted than bothered. Yuu keeps on whispering something to Mia and she keeps on giggling. What on Earth are they talking about awhile ago anyway?

Why do you even care?

Shut up conscience. I'm just curious as to what they're talking about.

More on you just want Mia's undivided attention.

Please. I've got lots of fangirls, she's just one of them. No big deal.

Yeah right, keep telling yourself that.

God. Am I just arguing with my own conscience?!

More on you just don't want to accept the truth.

Geez. Shush it.

"Hey guys, let's head out now. We still need to give the new kid his school tour." I said, smirking.

That guy seems to be so close to Mia already. Today's their first time to see each other yet he acts like they are bestfriends since forever. Psh, maybe he likes her. Like love at first sight? Is that even possible? Pfft.

"Where will we go first?" Mia asked with sparkle on her eyes. So, she seems excited huh.

"Hmmm, let's go check out the shopping centre. I guess we can start there."

"Sounds good. From what I've heard, there's a lot of fine products on sale right now in there." Yuu replied, giving out a genuine smile.

Dude, fyi I'm not talking to you. I'm talking to Mia. Woo, I sound mean... not.

"Alright then, it's settled. Let's go now." I replied, simply shrugging.

I don't know why I suddenly feel grumpy about this situation. It's something I can't explain. Yuu seems like an ok guy but for some reason that I don't even know... I just don't like him.

And if I were to recall what my conscience keeps on telling me I'm pretty sure that's not the reason. I have lots of girls to keep me happy whenever, so why will I feel bothered about Mia and Yuu? I mean, seriously... Mia? She's just like the other fangirls I have. Yeah, she's my friend too but I don't see her as something more than that. Plus, the only unique thing about her is that among my fangirls, she's the most consistent fangirl I ever had.

I sometimes feel confused of what I should consider her of... is she my friend or is she just another fangirl. Maybe, it's a bit of both? I really don't know.