Chapter 6 - Meet the Band

Mia's POV

"So this is the infamous Cafe Hearst that you keep on telling me." Yuu said as he look around the establishment admiringly. "It looks so cozy. I like it in here."

"Well it's good to know that you like the ambiance of this cafe. Wait 'til you get a taste of the food that are being served in here!" I said, smiling as I line-up at the counter to order.

"What food and drink can you recommend? It seems like there's a lot of mouth-watering food and beverage choices in here..." he trailed as his eyes scan through the menu board.

"I usually go for a mango crepe and a vanilla milkshake. It's my favorite combo every snack time."

"I see. Then I'll order the same food that you're about to order." he replied. "I'll order two mango crepe and two vanilla milkshake please." he said as he smiled at the lady behind the cash register.

He really did pay the bill. I thought he was just joking. I'm willing to split the bill but then he told me that it really is his treat today. Okay, I'm now making a mental note to treat him somewhere sometime. I need to return his kind gesture. We chose to sat on the soft couch and eat our meal in there.

"Thanks for the treat Yuu! I promise, next time, I'll be the one to treat you somewhere!" I said as I sipped at my vanilla milkshake. Ahhh this tastes like heaven!

Yuu chuckled, "You said that line for about three times already. No worries Mia! Just enjoy the food!"

"I am! This is such a heavenly treat! Do you like the food?"

"Yep, definitely! This is one of the best mango crepe I've ever tasted, and the vanilla milkshake is indeed heavenly." he replied as he took a forkful of his mango crepe.

Just then, I saw my friend Sandra coming towards me. "Hey Mia, I texted you but you didn't reply! What have you been doing the whole time anyway? You missed their band practice."

"Oh shoot. I missed Patrick's band practice!!!" I exclaimed. Ughhh, I forgot about it! This is my first time breaking my watching streak. I'm always in every single band practice that him and his band does. Sigh. I snapped back at my thoughts as I saw Yuu looking at me intently. I realized that I was still with him! Oh my gosh, I must've looked someone so distressed, how embarrassing. "Umm anyway, it's because I am touring the new student around the campus. By the way, Yuu, this is Sandra Reese, the student council vice president and my bestfriend. Sandra, this is Yuu Plasse, the new student that I'm talking about. He's in the same year with us." I said clearing my throat. They both greeted each other a hello right then.

Sandra gave me a 'we'll-talk-about-this-situation-later' look. "I see. Well then I'll talk to you later. I've got some errands to do. Patrick said that the band will rehearse later this afternoon, if you have time you can still check out their band practice. Oh, you can even let Yuu meet the band!" She smiled sweetly as she gave us her final wave before leaving the cafe.

"So, who's Patrick? Is he your boyfriend?" Yuu asked all of a sudden. Wow, of all the things Sandra have said that's the first thing that he picked up. "Nope. I hope he was though..." I trailed, though in an almost joking tone.

"Ooooh looks like someone has a crush on Patrick~" He said in a sing-song voice. "But it seems that he doesn't like you back? Well, that's just my assumption by the way." he added, shrugging.

I sighed, "It's a long story... but yeah, it's sort of like that..."

"Do tell me... we have all the time to talk about it."