And So The Day Came

Morning comes all too soon, with all of course still holding one another, while Nessie and Jacob are in the tents we had set up the night before. I sigh softly as I place my forehead against Garrett's. "Is something wrong?"

I shake my head. "Just not ready to go."

"I know how you feel."

I glance around and see some of the others are starting to get around. "We should start getting ready though."

"Yeah, you're probably right." Garrett and I get up, just as Bella and Nessie exit one of the tents and I make my way over to the two of them.

"Is the do..... Is Jacob awake?"

Bella shrugs. "I don't think so, he should be any time though."

The three of us walk up the to the group. "So what's the plan if this goes south?"

Edward clears his throat. "We fight."

Emmett chuckles. "Good thing for Kat and Kate, they'll be spared if worse comes to worst."

I shake my head and lean against Garrett's chest, placing a hand on it as I do. "That not a good thing."

"I'm sure we can handle anything Aro and his group throw at us. We just need to stand together." Carlisle pats me on the shoulder as Edwards looks over into the wood line.

"The pack's here." We look over and see about twenty very large wolves.

Nessie runs up to the one in the middle, seeming to lead the rest. "Jacob!"

I shake my head thinking, 'right, that's what Jacob looks like as a wolf.' We all stay silent for a few moments, no one wanting to give the order to move out, but before too long Carlisle does. "Alright, let's head out."

We all nod, giving the others one last hug before we head to the field we have picked as our battlefield. It is a very large clearing in the woods, covered in a layer of deep, thick snow. We walk about a fourth of the way out before stopping and waiting for Aro and his group. As we stand and wait I hear Garrett speaking softly as we stand next to each other. "If we live through this, I'll follow you anywhere, woman."

I smirk as I look over to him, seeing a smug smile on his face. I shake my head looking forward again. "Now you tell me."

I feel a lump grow in my throat a few moments later as I hear the Volturi and its army growing closer. Everyone looks up and over the field in front of us, waiting to see the raven cloaks of the Volturi, as they come into view Garrett begins to jump up and down slightly. "The Redcoats are coming! The Redcoats are coming!"

I sigh softly, doing what I do best to comfort myself. "Don't you mean black cloaks?" I glance up at Garrett who is smiling down at me. When the two of us look back up the whole Volturi army is in front of us. I can see Aro looking over all of us.

Edward shifts his weight as he does. "Aro's looking for Alice."

As Aro's army comes to a stop the wolves come out of the woods, Jacob taking a place next to Bella, Nessie, and Edward. As Aro's army stops Carlisle steps forward, speaking to Aro across the large field. "Aro, let us discuss things as we used to. In a civilized manner."

"Fair words, Carlisle, But a little out of place, given the battalion you've assembled against us." Aro looks over all of us again.

"I can promise you, that was never my intent. No laws have been broken."

Caius speaks up, in an angry tone. "We see the child. Do not treat us as fools."

"She is not an immortal! These witnesses can attest to that. Or you can look. See the flush of human blood in her cheeks."